Main Menu

Metro Detroit shows

Started by wldgtx, June 21, 2017, 06:30:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

wldgtx

Which shows does this crowd follow?  I would like to hit a few this year, but I am a little out of the loop.

Thanks,
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

Spikedog08

There are a lot of shows available . . . couple that I think are a must:  Of course Woodward in August, Frankenmuth in the beginning of Sept is amazing, there is a street party downtown on Friday afternoon that is awesome!  Also there is a weekly cruise in at Bakers in Milford every Sunday that is a nice one to hit once in a while.  Tiger Baseball has a show at the field every year, Roseville has a show towards the end of the season as well, I still need to hit that one soon. 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

wldgtx

Quote from: Spikedog08 on June 21, 2017, 06:34:40 AM
There are a lot of shows available . . . couple that I think are a must:  Of course Woodward in August, Frankenmuth in the beginning of Sept is amazing, there is a street party downtown on Friday afternoon that is awesome!  Also there is a weekly cruise in at Bakers in Milford every Sunday that is a nice one to hit once in a while.  Tiger Baseball has a show at the field every year, Roseville has a show towards the end of the season as well, I still need to hit that one soon.

Dream Cruise... of course.
Frankenmuth... another larger scale show

I used to got to the Lingenfelter facility for Cars and Coffee but it got to the point where there were more brand new cars than anything else.

I'd like to find a cars and coffee or similar type of show where mostly older cars and owners come together.
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

Spikedog08

I have been to the Lingenfelter facility as well . . . Fun but you are correct, a lot of new cars.  I did see that there was a show on M59 in Highland on a Thursday that had a good turn out at the bowling alley.  I was surprised how many cars were there . . . All classic cars . . .

Cuda Cody

Woodward is on my Bucket list.  I will do the show someday for sure. 

Spikedog08

Just remember that it is really about a week long . . . starts the Sunday before the show and ends the Sunday after . . .  :alan2cents: