Main Menu

*** 2021 Hotel Thread - Book Early and Save! ***

Started by Spikedog08, February 03, 2021, 08:33:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Well I'm sure there's theft everywhere you go in the world these days :'( .... but one thing you can be sure of....no matter how nice your car is, I'm sure it won't be the only expensive car in the lot....ALL the regular hotels are filled with nice Mopars in the parking lots.. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

Never had an issue in the almost 20 years I have been going . .   :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Poolshark314

Quote from: Spikedog08 on May 24, 2021, 09:09:27 PM

Good to hear, thank you! Is leaving the car overnight in the showfield an option as well if I brought another car? And is the showfield locked at night?
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

Spikedog08

Quote from: Poolshark314 on May 25, 2021, 07:16:52 PM

Good to hear, thank you! Is leaving the car overnight in the showfield an option as well if I brought another car? And is the showfield locked at night?

Yes that is an option.  Yes the showfield is secure and there is security.  I know quite a few leave their car there and I have never heard of an issue.  Hope this helps!

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

formula_s

Quote from: Spikedog08 on May 26, 2021, 05:16:30 AM
Quote from: Poolshark314 on May 25, 2021, 07:16:52 PM

quote]

Yes that is an option.  Yes the showfield is secure and there is security.  I know quite a few leave their car there and I have never heard of an issue.  Hope this helps!

The field is not secure and is NOT LOCKED. 2 large well know vendors had lotsa parts stolen 2 years ago. You never hear about this unless you talk to the right people( the victims) So one of those vendors had his own armed security there over  nite and when Carlilse Events found out about it that vendor never came back.

cuda hunter

So are you saying that Carlisle kicked out the vendor due to having overnight guards?  That doesn't seem right.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

That sounds odd, the grounds are open 24hrs/day to paying participants (at least vendors can come and go all they want) :alan2cents:  If someone pays someone to watch their spot, I can't see Carlisle having an issue with that. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

formula_s

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 28, 2021, 06:17:06 AM
So are you saying that Carlisle kicked out the vendor due to having overnight guards?  That doesn't seem right.

Yes .

anlauto

Quote from: formula_s on May 28, 2021, 03:02:47 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on May 28, 2021, 06:17:06 AM

Yes .

WOW, that's crazy  :thumbdown: