Main Menu

1st Time Going to Carlisle

Started by Claudia, December 05, 2019, 08:57:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

69BFan

Seeing that your bringing a motor home and if your looking to set up next door to the fairgrounds, call early and reserve your spot.  I believe that they are changing around some aspects for trailer parking and that may impact the number of camping spaces that the fairgrounds has available.  There is areas adjacent to the grounds for campers, but I have no ideal on how to reserve those spots. 

The walk aisles are laid out well and things are for the most part pretty well marked and they put out a free brochure / magazine that you can pickup as you enter the grounds.  Make sure to get one of those magazines as they are very informative with vendor listings, profiles of feature cars and attractions and maps of the grounds.

Also, security and staff are very good in enforcing the no golf carts, ATVs or scooters on the grounds during the official show hours.  If you should have the need to rent a small scooter, that can be arranged on the grounds.

Everyone should attend Carlisle at least once just to see how well a car show and swap meet can be organized and conducted.

www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

Quote from: 69BFan on December 05, 2019, 06:02:47 PM

Everyone should attend Carlisle at least once just to see how well a car show and swap meet can be organized and conducted.

Including Jim Belinda  :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Claudia

I will be sure to register under the ebodies.org name.  :yes: 
I am currently planning to bring my '71 Cuda and officially get to meet some of the great members here!  :grouphug:
Just trying to make sure of the do's and do-nots of Carlisle since we have never been!

anlauto

Do you attend the Nationals in Ohio every year ? If so, you may miss the drag racing portion of the event. Carlisle is much quieter, and more of a family event then the Nats. There is usually enough to keep you busy, like Hellcat thrill rides, new car test drives, women's oasis, "daisy duke" contest and a burn out contest, etc....
The one thing of the Nats you won't miss, is the kayos....Carlisle staff is very organised in comparison. and as mentioned, no golf carts, overfilled garbage and stinky toilets, etc...  :D

You'll have a good time for sure.... :slapme5:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Claudia

I have never been to the Mopar Nationals in Columbus . . . Carlisle will be the first outing for my car!

anlauto

7E-Bodies

I'll be coming for my second time. I was there in 2017 and enjoyed it immensely, yet I'm not a seasoned pro at it. Lodging is reserved in Mechanicsburg, and I'm driving my Ram truck in case I find any great deals. I'm wondering if I'll still be able to get show field parking like I did in '17. It was like having your truck in a mock show when in actuality it was just for convenience and about 300' from what I termed "e-body bluff". I swear I heard harp music when I approached and looked down across them all. I bought my parking pass at a building as I pulled in. $50 or so for the 3 days. Well worth it. Is there a way to buy a pass and parking decal online prior to arrival? I'm still learning and hate surprises. @anlauto , Anyone?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Spikedog08

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on December 06, 2019, 07:29:06 AM
I bought my parking pass at a building as I pulled in. $50 or so for the 3 days. Well worth it. Is there a way to buy a pass and parking decal online prior to arrival? I'm still learning and hate surprises. @anlauto , Anyone?

Buy your showfield pass here - - - > https://carlisleevents.com/events/events-detail/index?id=chrysler+nationals     There is a red button aliitle ways down on this page that says "register for the show" . . click that!   Buy before the new year and get tickets for $52 dollars instead of $65! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

YES...of course, you can enter your truck in the show just like entering any Mopar....It's great because you get your windshield sticker in advance and when you arrive, just drive right in.

I usually enter my truck in the show every year  :yes:

...and of course, if you're flying in....make sure you rent a Challenger or any cool Mopar and enter it in the show as well. Much better (cheaper too) then parking on the street and walking in everyday !

Spikedog08

I just bought my showfield pass!   :banana: 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Mr Lee

My recommendation would be... wear a HAT!    Holy cow the sun is brutal.  A wide brimmed safari hat and wear sun block. Especially if you plan on walking around a lot to see all the cars and the swap meet.  It's huge and it's always been hot out and there is very little cover from the sun.  I will back up what others have said.  I don't think I've ever seen everything in one day.  It's a lot of walking.  And if you're looking for parts, you'll be stopping a lot.
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Oh10Challengerless

Welcome and we look forward to meeting you!  @ViperMan and I always do lunch for the club at the club tent on Saturday.  It's a great time to have everyone in one place at one time and meet a bunch of people!  Definitely bring a chair for the tent, wear comfortable shoes, and drink lots of water!  I started a link for lunch so just post on there if you'll be able to come and how many people you'll have!  The best way I can describe Carlisle is AMAZING!!!  You will not be disappointed!!! 

Claudia

Big thank you to everyone for their input and tips!  :twothumbsup: 

Unfortunately, with everything that has been going on, we are not sure if we will still go to Carlisle this year or not . . . we may have to wait until next year but we will see how it goes!