Main Menu

A Decade of Carlisle Dinner (photos)

Started by Cuda Cody, July 16, 2017, 09:03:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

More  :banana:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Spikedog08

Just a couple more . . .  :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

MEK-Dangerous

There is one thing I want to point out....Did any of you notice those old bus's had wicker seats??    :rolleyes:

Brads70

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on July 17, 2017, 03:31:08 PM
There is one thing I want to point out....Did any of you notice those old bus's had wicker seats??    :rolleyes:

Yes that was pretty cool ! I loved the 2 tiered Bus white roof red stripe. I could so see that as a custom motor home towing my Challenger in a matching enclosed trailer! Carlisle party bus!  :D  One of my favorite vehicles there!

ViperMan

I'll respond more with pics later - for now, enjoying leftover food AND booze from the dinner!!! :)

ViperMan

Here we go!!!

ViperMan

ViperMan

ViperMan

ViperMan

ViperMan

ViperMan

ViperMan

8 and final...

I think it's so cool that the bus's final destination was San Diego - my birthplace.  :)

Bpret

Just wanted to thank everyone who put together a great night. The museum was the perfect place and the food was awesome. 340sixpac and I got to meet some new people and had a great time. Thanks again

ViperMan

Ladies and gents, throwing this party Friday night was one of the most enjoyable and inspiring moments in the 10 years I've been hanging out with you all at Carlisle.  The looks on some of your faces, the audible gasps of amazement as some of you walked into the main room of the museum where our dining tables were set, and especially @Spikedog Rules! sitting inside the replica diner with a child-like grin on his face - just seeing how much FUN you ladies and gents were having brought such joy and satisfaction to my heart - a heart that had been hurting just earlier as I realized I didn't feel at home in the Viper club and didn't have an e-body in the e-bodies club...  It just helped me remember what I do this for, and what you folks have meant to me over all these years, and inspired me to keep at it going forward.

:grouphug:

As far as "topping" this event, yes, that will be tough - next year we'll probably be back at Dodge City restaurant unless someone else has a better idea - or a lot of money to toss into the pot.  :)  I don't want to go giving figures because it doesn't matter, but the money we generated from selling tickets covered roughly 1/4th of the entire cost of that party.  I don't regret it a bit after seeing how much fun everyone had.  But I could possibly be looking for a new job this-coming winter, and Carlisle for us next year might be much more budget-conscience...  ...like the past 9 years were...  :)

So we'll see how things are looking next spring, and go from there.  Maybe a sponsor, maybe a few more bucks per ticket, or maybe we'll just go back to what has worked all along - a private room in a local restaurant and then an enjoyable evening back at the parking lot, hearing @Spikedog Rules! and I saying terrible things to each other all night...   :haha:

Thanks for the opportunity to do this party, my friends, and thanks for your kind words.  It was a blast, and I hope some day we can do it again... ...or more!!   :D