Main Menu

Carlisle Hotels in the club area are getting expensive . .

Started by Spikedog08, February 17, 2023, 09:30:36 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

So we have 4 hotels in the immediate area of the parking lot we use for gatherings and the pizza party.  Most are getting expensive but I just booked a room at the Super 8 for $70 a night.  I will deal with the hotel condition as last year looks like it was getting better.  At $70 a night compared to the others . . sign me up.  I just need a decent bed and a shower . .

Here is a list of hotels in the immediate area of the club parking lot gathering:

Super 8 - 175 Beacon Hill Blvd, New Cumberland, PA 17070 - (717)774-6200  $65 a night

La Quinta New Cumberland - 130 Limekiln Rd., New Cumberland, PA, 17070 - (717)774-8888  $184 a night

Holiday Inn Express - 190 Beacon Hill Blvd, New Cumberland PA 17070 - (717)774-6400  $156 a night

Fairfield Inn - 185 Beacon Hill Blvd, New Cumberland PA 17070 - (717)774-0100  $157 a night

Prices are from Expedia . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

We stay in Carlisle 2miles from the show...Used to be a Motel 6 , now an American Inn....We used to pay, $95/night then Pre-pandemic it was up to about $125, However POST-pandemic it's $225  :o :verymad: same shitty rooms
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

Quote from: anlauto on February 17, 2023, 10:43:40 AM
We stay in Carlisle 2miles from the show...Used to be a Motel 6 , now an American Inn....We used to pay, $95/night then Pre-pandemic it was up to about $125, However POST-pandemic it's $225  :o :verymad: same shitty rooms

As I'm sure you know, gas and in my case toll roads cost more than the hotel especially pulling a car and trailer.  That would change if my cost was $225 a night!  My total cost for 3 nights is under $240.  Not sure I would go if my hotel was $700 . . rather go to a tropical island and sit on the beach for that price! 

I kind of like the drive to the show and back from the hotel.  Nice highway run and I have a great path to the gate . . really don't sit in any traffic for more than 10 minutes and not at all on the way back!

torredcuda

You would have to pay me to go to some beach and be bored to death, I probably pay almost $500 for the HIE but I also get points and earn a free night once in a while. I found an awesome way in last year that was mostly winding back roads, much more fun than sitting in traffic on the main road.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Crocha617

I booked the super 8 awhile back as well. I figure if I drink enough I won't notice how bad it is...

Spikedog08

Quote from: Crocha617 on March 08, 2023, 08:43:13 AM
I booked the super 8 awhile back as well. I figure if I drink enough I won't notice how bad it is...

I have learned that the 3rd floor has the best rooms . . 1st floor are rooms that are rented by the month  . . 2nd floor is smoking rooms and the 3rd floor are the most maintained.   @Crocha617

Spikedog08

Quote from: torredcuda on February 17, 2023, 01:37:48 PM
You would have to pay me to go to some beach and be bored to death,

It is hard for me to be bored sitting on the beautiful beach watching girls in bikini's walk by.  The ocean and cocktails with umbrellas is something I live for.  Scuba, snorkeling and other water sports I could entertain myself with very easily.  If I get bored with the ocean, I head for the pool to watch the bikini's there!