Main Menu

Carlisle Stastistics

Started by Spikedog08, July 16, 2018, 10:01:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Quote from: Morty426 on July 19, 2018, 12:56:54 AM
Just 22 beers?   :D

In my defense . . That was almost 3 full days . . Start in the afternoon and go til bed.  Got to Carlisle early this year. . . Hit the highway at 7 am.   @ViperMan was pretty surprised . .   
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Morty426

Quote from: Spikedog08 on July 19, 2018, 06:45:40 PM

In my defense . . That was almost 3 full days . . Start in the afternoon and go til bed.  Got to Carlisle early this year. . . Hit the highway at 7 am.   @ViperMan was pretty surprised . .   

With the weather the way it was it was easy to suck down some cold ones.

Wish I knew where you were at.  I would have stopped by and we could have had a beer and talked Mopars and Waterskiing - two of my favorite things

Spikedog08

Quote from: Morty426 on July 19, 2018, 11:12:44 PM

Wish I knew where you were at.  I would have stopped by and we could have had a beer and talked Mopars and Waterskiing - two of my favorite things

That would of been a great idea as we had a keg of beer at the tent!   :drinkingbud:

Topcat

Quote from: RusTy/SE on July 19, 2018, 07:12:53 AM
This year, my Carlisle road trip stats went something like this -

I found prices were highest in Brooklyn at 2.95 (Chevron) and lowest in Manassas at 2.55 (Raceway). When I got back to the house, my neighborhood Citgo had dropped to 2.57 a gallon.

A song for you Russ.

Morty426

Quote from: Spikedog08 on July 20, 2018, 07:52:47 AM
Quote from: Morty426 on July 19, 2018, 11:12:44 PM

That would of been a great idea as we had a keg of beer at the tent!   :drinkingbud:

Right on.  I'll find you next year.  That's an easy tent to find. 

RusTy/SE

Quote from: Topcat on July 20, 2018, 11:17:38 PM
Quote from: RusTy/SE on July 19, 2018, 07:12:53 AM
This year, my Carlisle road trip stats went something like this -

I found prices were highest in Brooklyn at 2.95 (Chevron) and lowest in Manassas at 2.55 (Raceway). When I got back to the house, my neighborhood Citgo had dropped to 2.57 a gallon.

A song for you Russ.

Lol, the Zombie Woof was stalking me the entire way back  :stayinlane: :vipermanhiding: :stayinlane:  I left Brooklyn shortly before 8pm est Sunday, got back just before 7pm cst Monday. My last rest stop was just north of Fredericksburg, Va (Thornburg).

:Thud: :bricks:

JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

Chryco Psycho

RusTy/SE

Thanks, man :) I took chances and drove fast - while headed south through I85/Atlanta at the start of afternoon rush hour and just in time to meet a typical afternoon summer shower.

I had to, as the flow of traffic was varying between 10mph and well... fast  :-X

:cheers: (Barq's)
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

Chryco Psycho

I hope you enjoyed visiting your friends in NY  :twothumbsup:

303 Mopar

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: 303 Mopar on August 02, 2018, 05:59:19 AM
I just read this year set another record of 2,752 show cars.
https://dodgeforum.com/articles/carlisle-chrysler-nationals-multiple-records/?utm_source=jan16&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=content

I know you are on the other side of the country, but if you or anyone has any reservations about this show, throw them out the window. The show is awesome. Meeting other members at the club tent that greet you like family is even awesomer.  I know, I just made up a word that is really bothering my Spellcheck.    ::)

Morty426

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on August 02, 2018, 01:06:29 PM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on August 02, 2018, 05:59:19 AM
I just read this year set another record of 2,752 show cars.
https://dodgeforum.com/articles/carlisle-chrysler-nationals-multiple-records/?utm_source=jan16&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=content

I know you are on the other side of the country, but if you or anyone has any reservations about this show, throw them out the window. The show is awesome. Meeting other members at the club tent that greet you like family is even awesomer.  I know, I just made up a word that is really bothering my Spellcheck.    ::)

Without a doubt!

This year the weather was better than usual and there was a crazy amount of cars and people.  This year I took the time to meet some people that I only knew online and I'm much the better for it.

I look forward to visiting the E-Body.org tent in 2019

Spikedog08

Wonder if our show is a record for all shows . . I was told we were in competition with the Chevy show and the corvette show.  Seems those are the other large shows . .

:dunno:

Edit:  I just looked at the corvette show registration and it says more than 5000 cars!  Where do they put them all?  Maybe no parts area?

anlauto

Quote from: Morty426 on August 02, 2018, 02:47:52 PM

This year I took the time to meet some people that I only knew online and I'm much the better for it.

It was nice meeting you. :cheers:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration