Main Menu

Carlisle Tent Reserved!

Started by Spikedog08, February 28, 2017, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

torredcuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 28, 2017, 02:38:41 PM
What an absolute wonderful offer.   :clapping:   You are too kind Rev!!!!!    Under any other circumstances I would jump at the chance to have you help with this, but being I own a Sign Company I wouldn't feel right asking you to handle the banners when I can produce them for nearly nothing.  8)  So truly appreciative of your offer and it means a lot to me that you stepped up to help.   :yes:  That goes for Spikedog too.  Without him doing all the leg work none of these would be possible.   :worship:   Here's a thought, maybe we can come up with an E-Bodies.org banner design that celebrates the specific year of Carlisle and let one of the attending E-Bodies.org members take it home?  Any member that wants to take it home just puts their name in a hat and we have a free drawing to give it away at the end of the show?  I can make new banners each year.  But being that I'm flying out, it would be great if I could ship it ahead of time to someone that can drive it to the show?

I will forever have wonderful memories of CC and a lot of respect for everything that it accomplished.  Going forward I see E-Bodies.org as the main site and place to be for E-Body fans.  I have a lot of confidence in this group of people on here.  Many of them have become good friends that I would go out of my way to help if they needed it.  But as much as I believe in them and E-Bodies.org, it's not my decision what banner we choose to fly.  We all get to decide on how we want to represent our site and I will support whatever the group wants to do.  If everyone wants to do a CC banner, CC / E-Bodies or just E-Bodies banner, I would respect those wishes and make it happen.  I'm sure CC has the same mutual respect for us and everything we have accomplished so far.  What do you guys want to see happen?  There are no bad ideas at this point.  So lets talk it out and come up with the best solution for our group.

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on February 28, 2017, 11:33:26 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 28, 2017, 11:30:14 AM
Can we talk about a E-Bodies.org banner?

I'd be happy to handle getting the banners if you can supply me with some artwork.

I agree, C-C is a great site and what started the whole Carlisle get togethers but I think E-Bodies.org is the place to be going forward. I think the E-Bodies.org banner is the way to go but a combined one would also work if that`s what is decided.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Brads70

Just curious as to how that will "jive" with the owners of CC.com? :notsure:

anlauto

I guess I opened a can of worms.... :thinking:

Here's my take on it......
I don't understand really how web sites work, so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Web sites have an "owner" and then they have people who run the web site "administrator" and "moderators" and of course the people who participate in the forum and make the site what it is.

From what I understand, the "owner" of Cuda-Challenger is just that, he very rarely participates, cares very little about updating the website keeping it fresh and new. Again from what I understand, he pretty much left it up to other people to run the site, if it wasn't "running itself".  These people did it out of the appreciation of the hobby, and are not reaping any of the profits. Correct me if I'm wrong.

After several attempts to buy CC.com were turned down flatly, @Cuda Cody took it upon himself to build a fantastic new modern web site dedicated solely to E Bodies, the cars he truly loves, and his participation speaks volumes :worship:   
I got a personal invitation to join this new site and share what knowledge I have of these E Bodies. I made the personal choice to drop CC.com like the OLD NEWS that it is and join Cody on this new adventure.

The first thing I noticed was a lot of familiar "screen names" from other sites like Mofarts.com and of course CC.com. I don't know any of you personally but have come to know you "online". We have some great knowledge here.  I've also noticed that the people helping Cody moderate were also working on CC.com.

So I have have to ask...."what involvement" with the Carlisle tent, the Carlisle lunch, the Carlisle dinner, hotel get togethers, etc...etc... does the owner of CC.com have ?
If the answer is "not much"......

Then I say one tent....one banner....E-Bodies.org :worship:

If I'm way off base and many of you have a strong allegiance to CC.com and it's owner.....then I say go ahead with the CC.com banner on the nice large fancy tent....and you can find Cody and I under a 12X12 pop-up with our new banner :alan2cents: :worship: :cheers:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

I have to be honest and say that my introduction to the world of E bodies was via Cuda Challenger.com and I'm somewhat torn by the situation as it stands, with the ostracization of one group from the other. Does it or has it, really come down to the "one or the other" thing? I think this is a great site and, as Alan has said, one that it appears, the principal has more of an interest in, BUT, I also like CC. I understand how this site came to be and it's a damn shame that it needed to happen in the first place. So, I guess I'll have to traipse along between CC's tent and Alan's 12x12 because I don't feel right shunning former or current friends on either side of this discussion. Sorry to be so wishy washy.  :sorry:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

blown motor

Jimynick, I suspect your views are carried by many here that frequent both sites. Alan has shed some new light on the situation with the information that Cody tried to buy C-C.com. Maybe I'm the only one that didn't know that but I doubt it. I too have made many friends as a result of the C-C website (I also made many friends in elementary school) but this site does hold an edge in terms of techical information via reference material, videos, etc. and seems to be the place to be moving forward. As such, the time will come when there will be a definitive split, be that sooner or later. The masses will decide.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

Very well said Alan and you are right.  As far as I know none of the admins are being paid at CC.  They do it for the love of the cars and the friendships they have made over the years.  It takes a lot of time for the admins and moderators to keep a good site up and going.  It would surprise me if any of them were making any money on the site besides the owner.  And none of our admins / moderators are making any money here either.  Well, they do earn Prize Shop credits like all of us, but none are being compensated in other ways as of yet.  However, as the sponsorship increases and our site grows we will continue to reward those people who are here and making it possible (Members & Moderators).  Mark my words, I have no intentions of ever taking $1 from this site.  It all goes back to the members and users.  And do not be fooled, let me tell you there is a lot of money in forums and sponsorship. 

This is all because I love these cars, the people, the experiences and sharing our passion for E-Bodies.  I can assure you I exhausted every avenue trying to buy CC for more years then I can count.  I was told that if CC was ever sold, that it would be to me.  But that time never came and I had to move on.  My original intention was to take CC to the next level.  Upgrade the framework, add more content in terms of documents and make it easy for everyone to use.  When I'm at work, I think about E-Bodies.  I think about finding them in barns, fixing them up and driving em.  If I'm not thinking about E-Bodies, I'm dreaming about them.  A day doesn't go by that I don't want to be working my E-Bodies and hanging out on E-Body forums is the next best thing.  It's a wonderful feeling to see other people work on their E-Bodies and be able to offer some help or learn something new from them.

Now, I've been very upfront and honest with everyone and will continue to be.  There's no denying that CC has a great history and E-Bodies has a great future.  As hard as I tried to blend them, it wasn't going to happen.  There was just to much easy money for the owner of CC to ever sell it.  A cash cow is never easy to let go.

You have my commitment to E-Bodies.org and I will continue to try and make this site easy to use, easy to post photos, easy to share information and welcoming to all people who share any interest in E-Bodies.  I will never ask anyone not to visit CC or any other mopar site, but I do intent to make this site far superior in every way possible.  Having knowledgeable members is one of the true values of a forum.  Take someone like Alan who has restored more E-Bodies then anyone I can think of.  He's on here sharing all of his knowledge freely and helping others on a daily basis.  We have many users just like him: Brads70, roadman, HP_Cuda, cataclysm80, 303 Mopar, headejm, 71GranCoupe, Runcharger, ec_co, MoparDave, TopCat, fc7cuda, blown motor, Timbbuc2, 70chall440, Cudakiller70, screamindriver, 61k T/A, ChallengerHK, Marc70Challenger, ToxicWolf, Markp, Shoooter, A.Gramz, usraptor, Chryco Psycho, Spikedog08, Burdar, cuda hunter, 6bblgt, soundcontrol, jimynick, Moparman82, GoodysGotaCuda, farmboy70, Rev-It-Up, realn96, Finoke, Tx9aar, Crocha617, Bullitt-, 750-h2, Daveh, cudaragtop, EB3-GranCoupe and ViperMan.  That's just to name some of the great members on this site.  Seriously , that's an all-star list of forum names.  If your name is not on the list, sorry I missed you.  Everyone here reading this right now is part of the sites success.  This is not my site, or the admins site, it's OUR site.  Each and everyone one of you.  And each and everyone of us will reap the benefits of it.

So my vote is for a E-Bodies.org banner. :twothumbsup:   And if CC wants to work with us and that's what everyone here wants, I'll do that too.   :handshake:

A.Gramz

jimynick

"So my vote is for a E-Bodies.org banner. :twothumbsup:   And if CC wants to work with us and that's what everyone here wants, I'll do that too.   :handshake:"
Well, you can't say much fairer than that and hopefully, there will be peaceful coexistence between the sites and memberships. I'll probably continue to frequent both and it will be a gradual weaning process if it occurs. I totally agree that you have a more functional and technocratically advanced site, Cody and the pace that it's been brought to that level has been impressive! I'm also sorry to read that the worship of Mammon is what the root cause is, as well. Live and let live should, as you said, be our way forward. Thanks for being so decent about the whole affair.  :thankyou:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

headejm

I vote for the E-Bodies.org banner. I also hope I win it and take it home with me!

71GranCoupe

Lots of info to absorb, but worth the read. I will toss out a suggestion, extend an olive branch and possibly have both banners at the tent. I have said it before and will again, when one takes the higher road, you have done your best.  :grouphug:

Cuda Cody

If someone has the artwork for the CC banner I will work on a dual banner.  Doesn't hurt to put together a proof and see what we all think!

Thank you everyone for all the thoughts and suggestions.   :clapping:  And support!  :twothumbsup:

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on February 28, 2017, 08:51:16 PM
Lots of info to absorb, but worth the read. I will toss out a suggestion, extend an olive branch and possibly have both banners at the tent. I have said it before and will again, when one takes the higher road, you have done your best.  :grouphug:

RUNCHARGER

OT, but I just have to state that the direction Cody is taking this forum exactly meshes with my love of the E-bodies. I really like stock restorations right down to the last detail although my own cars usually look stock but are modified a bit. It's going to be nice in the future when you are screwing a car together and you forget a detail to hop on the forum and find your answer in a few clicks.
At the same time, all E-body fans will feel welcome here whether their cars are stock, modified, rusted a bit or concours. C C is a good forum but it is just pointed in a different direction than I am is all. There's lots of room for everyone I figure.
Sheldon

torredcuda

Quote from: anlauto on February 28, 2017, 05:39:03 PM
I guess I opened a can of worms.... :thinking:

Here's my take on it......
I don't understand really how web sites work, so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Web sites have an "owner" and then they have people who run the web site "administrator" and "moderators" and of course the people who participate in the forum and make the site what it is.

From what I understand, the "owner" of Cuda-Challenger is just that, he very rarely participates, cares very little about updating the website keeping it fresh and new. Again from what I understand, he pretty much left it up to other people to run the site, if it wasn't "running itself".  These people did it out of the appreciation of the hobby, and are not reaping any of the profits. Correct me if I'm wrong.

After several attempts to buy CC.com were turned down flatly, @Cuda Cody took it upon himself to build a fantastic new modern web site dedicated solely to E Bodies, the cars he truly loves, and his participation speaks volumes :worship:   
I got a personal invitation to join this new site and share what knowledge I have of these E Bodies. I made the personal choice to drop CC.com like the OLD NEWS that it is and join Cody on this new adventure.

The first thing I noticed was a lot of familiar "screen names" from other sites like Mofarts.com and of course CC.com. I don't know any of you personally but have come to know you "online". We have some great knowledge here.  I've also noticed that the people helping Cody moderate were also working on CC.com.

So I have have to ask...."what involvement" with the Carlisle tent, the Carlisle lunch, the Carlisle dinner, hotel get togethers, etc...etc... does the owner of CC.com have ?
If the answer is "not much"......

Then I say one tent....one banner....E-Bodies.org :worship:

If I'm way off base and many of you have a strong allegiance to CC.com and it's owner.....then I say go ahead with the CC.com banner on the nice large fancy tent....and you can find Cody and I under a 12X12 pop-up with our new banner :alan2cents: :worship: :cheers:

I`m not real good with words, English was always my worst subject in school, but coming from a long time member of C-C I think Alan completely nailed it. I vote for E-Bodies.org banner.   :ohyeah:
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Spikedog08

Quote from: Brads70 on February 28, 2017, 03:51:05 PM
Just curious as to how that will "jive" with the owners of CC.com? :notsure:

OK first . . . the owners of the cc.com site have nothing to do with the Carlisle tent!!  The tent is MINE! 

I reserve it, I pay for it, I suggest where I want it and I am responsible for it!   I have since the first time we went to Carlisle back in 2003 I think it was.  Lemonboy69 made the suggestion that we all go to Carlisle and have a meet so members could put faces to screen names!  He suggested that the members pitch in and we get a tent.  That failed as no one wanted to pay for a tent . . . so I told him I would pay for the tent but just tell everyone that "A member volunteered to paid for the tent."  I didn't want any praise or anything for buying a tent for all. 

Well the next year came and again no one wanted to pay for the tent so once again, I did.  It was great having a tent to call home base for all the members!  I think that year I supplied hot dogs for all so we could save money on food as well.  That year somehow it was disclosed that I was the one that was paying for the tent.  This was also the year that I met Viperboy and Ashley! 

Since then, I have supplied a tent for all the members every year . . . even the one year I knew I wasn't going so all the members would have a tent and place to hang. (I was on my honeymoon in Bora Bora) 

A couple years after this, Viperboy and Ashley asked if they could supply the lunch to help me with some of the costs as I was paying for the tent and supplying food for all . . . it was a nice offer and I accepted!  They have done a great job and really enjoy that task. 

So the bottom line is . . . the tent is for all e-body lovers that want a place to get out of the shade and visit with other e-body lovers!  There are 4 sides to the tent so this year I suggest that we make ebody.org banners and put them on 2 sides and put the cc.com on the other . . . but to be honest, I really don't care.  I put the banners on the tent so that the members can find it easily.  That is the point . . .

One thing that does concern me though . . if we get 25 members register, we get the tent for free.  At least this year, I ask that all register under the cuda-challenger site as I don't have anything set up for e-bodies.org . . . but will work with ED at Carlisle Events and make it ready for next year. 

SPIKEDOG OUT! 

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

That's what make these forums so great.  People like Spikedog that go out of their way to make sure everyone has a great time and doesn't expect anything in return!  Well done my friend! :clapping:  Since it's your tent the last thing we want to do is make more work by having to install 4 banners.  I've very happy to make produce new banners with both sites names on it.  I can make them the same size as the old ones so they are easy to install.  We can give them away after the show too and include any members of CC that want to get in on the free drawing.  :yes:  But since it's your tent, it's really up to you.  Standing by for your instruction!   :handshake:   :twothumbsup: