Main Menu

Carlisle ?

Started by anlauto, January 06, 2017, 09:24:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

mopar thunder

Not sure about this year unfortunately.  I could have a great opportunity to relocate.  If it does happen I would be moving in June so not sure I could turn around a go to Carlisle.

Cuda Cody

Where would you be moving?  Sounds like you might have something great planned!  New Job?

Quote from: mopar thunder on January 08, 2017, 03:26:34 PM
Not sure about this year unfortunately.  I could have a great opportunity to relocate.  If it does happen I would be moving in June so not sure I could turn around a go to Carlisle.

mopar thunder

I was on a 120 day detail to help out an office in Florida the last 4 months. I apparently impressed them and they might look into a promotion for me to go down there. Depending on what they can put together in a package, it could be really good. Mostly, my son is really into golf and wants to go play for a college if not try to get into that profession so being to give him a chance to improve year round would be a goal of mine.

Timbbuc2

Keep posting the plans , I may go as well
Get in, I'll drive

anlauto

I like the idea of staying at a hotel with a group from here, but I've been going to the same place for over 20 years and I'm really happy with the location. I really don't spend much time around the hotel anyways....Usually not back from dinner until around 10PM and to wiped to do anything but go to bed...we're on the show field every day before 7AM so it makes for a long day.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

No chance unfortunatly
this is the total of my life savings at this point  :alan2cents:

Spikedog08

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 08, 2017, 02:43:07 PM
July 14-16, 2017 are the dates.   

If we can decide on one or two Hotels that we prefer I will work on getting us a group discount.   :fingerscrossed:

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-chrysler-nationals/default.aspx

Well I think that is the plan . . . The parking lot we typically stay in is located behind the Quality Inn, right in front of the Fairfield and across the street from the Holiday INN Express!  The Quality Inn charges $70-110 depending on when you book, the Holiday Inn express is about $ 110 to 130 and the Fairfield in $140 - 160 a night. This gives members the choice of what they are comfortable with.  I will probably stay at the Holiday Inn as it is a new hotel and the Quality Inn although cheaper, was just a little too run down for me last year . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

blown motor

I tried to go last year and had to bale close to show time. Will likely try again this year.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

headejm

I would choose the Holiday Inn Express. Usually okay including a rudimentary breakfast. I have some points with HI too. Might stay for free.  :veryexcited:

J-Code Jeni

I believe this is the Holiday Inn hotel you recommended, @4cruzin :
https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/carlisle/harex/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-EX-_-USA-_-HAREX

Google maps says the show is less than 3 miles away! We'll (happily) stay there and  :toast: in the parking lot! How about I call tomorrow and see if we can't get a group rate?

headejm

anlauto

Quote from: J-Code Jeni on January 08, 2017, 09:21:57 PM
https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/carlisle/harex/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-EX-_-USA-_-HAREX

Google maps says the show is less than 3 miles away! We'll (happily) stay there and  :toast: in the parking lot! How about I call tomorrow and see if we can't get a group rate?

Don't be surprised if they're sold out :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Spikedog08

Quote from: J-Code Jeni on January 08, 2017, 09:21:57 PM

Jeni, I don't think that is the right one as I know it is not located 3 miles away!  Staying that close to the show will be expensive and i like to try to give the members options with different price ranges.  The Holiday Inn is located in New Cumberland and is about a 20 min ride down the highway to the show. I know when we tried to get a block of rooms at the Quality Inn, they were charging us more than the rate you got when you just called and reserved a room.  Last year at the Holiday Inn, they still had rooms the day of the show . . 

I think this is the right one . . . https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/new-cumberland/mdtcu/hoteldetail

anlauto

Not to mention that Holiday Inn less then three miles away is brand new, maybe three years old....I know because I stay right across the street at the Motel6.

Spikedog08

Quote from: anlauto on January 09, 2017, 05:19:12 AM
Not to mention that Holiday Inn less then three miles away is brand new, maybe three years old....I know because I stay right across the street at the Motel6.

Yeah the one in new Cumberland was new last year I beleive