Main Menu

going to carlisle for the first time

Started by Nel, December 09, 2022, 10:08:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Nel

How to know with compagnie will be there? Not sure what we going to drive, probably the caravan.

57Fury440

When you get there, they give you a brochure with a map. It lists the vendors and shows their locations.

torredcuda

Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

69BFan

Once Carlisle Events finalizes the event program and sends it off to the printer, they will release the online version for the public to view.  It will usually be around the the third week of June.  Once I hear or see the online version, I will post on here for people to view.

In talking to Tim, who heads up the swap meet field, there was only two car corral spots and eight vendor spots that were open.  Granted, as we get closer to the actual show dates, people may have to back out on attending, but for now, participation is at a record level for the swap meet area.  I can only imagine that it holds true for the show field as well.

For anyone attending and with specific parts request, it is best to reach out to your preferred vendor to insure that they will be attending.  The midway vendors have really changed since 2020 and Covid.  Likewise, some of the other larger vendors who were attending prior to 2020, have decided to quit vending at shows.  So reach out to your preferred vendor to check their status.

Similarly, some items are still in limited availability.   Items like our louvers, exhaust tips, hardware kits, wiring harnesses and window felts have sometimes sold out on Thursday.  If your knowing that your needing a specific part and there is only one or two vendors who might be carrying that piece, it may be best to reach out to them prior to the event.  For example, we usually will only bring two burnt orange speaker trays with speakers.  Having to ship such a piece will actually  cost more than the cost of the piece.

Secondly, we fill up a 3000 square foot tent with product.  We will brick load a 26 foot box truck and two trailers with product.  So we are limited on what we can bring and what we think that we will sell.  So all preorders will get loaded out before anything else.  As of last night, I had one guy call me and placed over  a $6,000 order for sheet metal.  That takes up a huge amount of our free space.

With that said, we are looking forward to a great show.  I know in talking to the Carlisle staff, they are super excited about the response.  Hopefully, a good number of you guys will get the opportunity to see what all Carlisle has to offer.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

captcolour

I bought 2 AMD fenders for the Road Runner from Stephens Automotive.  I pre-ordered them and they brought them to the show.  Worked great! No shipping charge and no sales tax too.

Nel

That is  what I would like to do, just have to find out if there is suspension part dealer that's going  to the show

Bullitt-

@Nel , Springs & Things is probably not far out of your way to Carlisle
147 Pine Tree Rd ** Danville, PA  17821  https://www.springsnthings.com/contact.htm
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Nel

anlauto

Quote from: TX9AAR on June 15, 2023, 01:44:42 PM
I have never been to Carlisle and am contemplating going there this year. I went to the Mopar Nationals in the 90's. We always went to Bryce Road for the cruising on Friday and Saturday night is there anything like that at Carlisle?

no cruising, it's illegal  :foul:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Nel

Hi want to say thanks, for all your recommendations about the week end. Me and my dad had super weekend!

69Bfan, we did exactly has you said and it has perfect.
We talk to 2 persons from the club but we didn't go at the tent, I was was to shy  to show up while every bodie was there.

But everything was awesome.

cuda hunter

Well, make sure you come up to the tent next year for the free lunch.  You don't have to stay long and you don't have to talk if you don't want to.  And you can stop by the tent anytime and grab a drink if your hot and dehydrated.  There usually isn't a bunch of people there all the time! 
Glad you had fun! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Spikedog08

Quote from: Nel on July 18, 2023, 05:53:12 PM
Hi want to say thanks, for all your recommendations about the week end. Me and my dad had super weekend!

69Bfan, we did exactly has you said and it has perfect.
We talk to 2 persons from the club but we didn't go at the tent, I was was to shy  to show up while every bodie was there.

But everything was awesome.

Please don't be shy . . The tent is way to much fun not to participate.  Good times there . .  Plus a safe place to put a chair and store stuff that you bought.  Actually I heard there wasn't someone at the tent a couple times this year and I have never witnessed that.  Was always someone at the tent!  I hope next year gets back to normal and all our Canadian friends come to visit as well!
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!