Main Menu

IMPORTANT - EVERYONE READ - A Decade of Carlisle is LIVE!!!

Started by ViperMan, May 07, 2017, 09:49:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ViperMan

Quote from: Marc70challenger on May 09, 2017, 11:49:44 AM
Cool!!!  Which software?  Our guy at work uses some professional stuff - he used to do game modeling. He told me to start with Adobe stuff - it's not that hard but seems like a good learning curve.

Cyberlink Powerdirector - frustratingly awkward to use with a cumbersome and poorly-thought-out user interface.  It's one of those programs that was made by people who don't actually DO the work the program is made to do.  So it's designed from a programmer's standpoint, NOT a video producer's.

Adobe software is good, but to try and cut down on pirating they're moving to a subscription service - so you don't buy the software, you rent it.

I've been working with audio editors for years and years and years, got into image editing (basically photoshop) back in college and video editing a little after college - I've done enough of it to be able to put something decent together (as you've seen!) but obviously am far from a "professional."

Marc70challenger

Cool. Thanks for info. Ya - we pay for Adobe Suite. Actually one of few worth the money for us. The MS360 .... screw that. Lol.  But it will be the future - all cloud based, monthly fee. I predict that price model will change to a more pay-by-the-drink model eventually like so many other products/services.

Cuda Cody

If anyone is thinking even a tiny bit about maybe going to Carlisle, this is the year to do it!!!   :yes:  Be sure to sign up for this event too.  Going to be EPIC!!!!

ViperMan

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 23, 2017, 07:44:08 AM
If anyone is thinking even a tiny bit about maybe going to Carlisle, this is the year to do it!!!   :yes:  Be sure to sign up for this event too.  Going to be EPIC!!!!

It's weird - we haven't had any orders for the decade event since the second day the video was posted!  Don't forget to get your tickets!

Rev-It-Up

Rev-It-Up

Cuda Cody

ViperMan

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on May 24, 2017, 10:16:56 AM
...and only 23 people on the official headcount.  :notsure:

Well the good news is, I think all the misbehaved kids already got their tickets...  ;-)

Cuda Cody

If people knew how great this is going to be they would be lined up around the block.

If you are even thinking the slightest about going to this event, let me tell you.... you do not want to miss it!    :yes:  Go get your tickets asap.

Quote from: ViperMan on May 25, 2017, 11:22:27 AM
Quote from: Rev-It-Up on May 24, 2017, 10:16:56 AM
...and only 23 people on the official headcount.  :notsure:

Well the good news is, I think all the misbehaved kids already got their tickets...  ;-)

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ViperMan

Quote from: anlauto on June 26, 2017, 07:16:05 AM
Thought it would be sold out by now... :dunno:

Yeah I kinda did too, but it's alright - we have a healthy bunch of "usuals" with a mix of first-timers (and first-in-a-long-timers!) and I think it's going to be a crap load of fun with the crowd we have already.  :)

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cudaragtop

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

ViperMan