Main Menu

Ontario e-bodies heading to Carlisle - who's in?

Started by blown motor, January 27, 2020, 11:26:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

For those that might not be aware, there is a movement afoot to do a convoy of e-bodies to Carlisle in July for the 50th anniversary of these awesome cars. I don't think it's too early to start planning this trip. I know some of us have a room booked. Who's in for this trip? Leaving here and travelling to Carlisle on Thursday, July 9 and returning on the 12th. So far I have a commitment from myself and @ebodycopper . I know other have said they'd go but let's make it for real by posting your intent here and getting a firmer handle on the numbers. Any US members along the way are more than welcome to join us. @Dakota  comes to mind.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Dakota

Yes yes yes!   Of course, I have to finish my car first but I'm planning to be there.  This is just extra motivation. 

anlauto

What time in the morning do you plan to head out, and what border crossing ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

I'm planning on it. I have a room booked. Neil is also planning on riding along!  :bradsthumb:
I like to leave early on the Thursday , being at the border between 5:30 and 6am to avoid Toronto and Buffalo traffic.  :alan2cents:  Are you trailering  yours down?

benlavigne

Bunch of us from Quebec will be heading out Thursday morning, crossing at Hill Island to take the 81, probably around 7:30 AM...

Ben

boydsdodge

I am sure going to try. As soon as I get my clients car done, then my Challenger comes in for assembly. All the emojees above.

blown motor

Quote from: anlauto on January 27, 2020, 12:38:38 PM
What time in the morning do you plan to head out, and what border crossing ?

I'm not sure what time we're leaving Alan. We'll have to see what works for the group. Crossing will either be Queenston/Lewiston or Fort Erie/Buffalo.

blown motor

Quote from: Brads70 on January 27, 2020, 12:39:05 PM
I'm planning on it. I have a room booked. Neil is also planning on riding along!  :bradsthumb:
I like to leave early on the Thursday , being at the border between 5:30 and 6am to avoid Toronto and Buffalo traffic.  :alan2cents:  Are you trailering  yours down?

I know you like to leave early. I'm not sure if everyone will want to leave at 3:00 AM. Those are some of the details we'll have to sort out.

Brads70

Quote from: boydsdodge on January 27, 2020, 02:30:21 PM
I am sure going to try. As soon as I get my clients car done, then my Challenger comes in for assembly. All the emojees above.

Go Jackson go!  :wrenching:   :D

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on January 28, 2020, 07:10:47 AM
Quote from: Brads70 on January 27, 2020, 12:39:05 PM

I know you like to leave early. I'm not sure if everyone will want to leave at 3:00 AM. Those are some of the details we'll have to sort out.

True but I'm at least an hour north of you ( from the border)  Are you trailering your car down? I ask as it's likely comforting for some to have a trailer available "just in case" Might be a deciding factor for some? @blown motor

anlauto

Once you chose a border crossing, you should just pick a meeting time on the CDN side at the duty free....I know Queenston/Lewiston has a large parking lot... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

No I'm driving it. I think most are. I know Jason and Ian are going if they're cars are roadworthy, which they should be. The same for @Jay Bee I also think Ann Marie is taking their truck. I'm sure @Cudajason will chime in here.

@jimynick @RJChallenger @750-h2 @700 AKN @72 Challenger @A.Gramz @Alexcuda @Arctoad @Beep Beep Dave @BS27R1B @canadianclassics2 @Car-nutt @Cdnchallenger @cj @cordodge @daaboots @Desmond @jetmech @mccannix @Plumcrazy72 @SW mopar @SYDWAZ

cordodge

Yes I'm planning on being there, It was our first time last year and it was great minus the hotel we booked but that was my fault for waiting to late. Going to book something better and possibly a bit closer this year. I'll be trailering my down though and I took the detroit way one because I'm like 10 minutes from the border and i was through Detroit in an hour basically.

JS29

If you guys are traveling route 81, I am about 45 minuets east of Syracuse. If anybody runs into a problem I have a tow truck and a garage full of tools. I hope no one needs it, but I will help if needed.  :cheers:

Cudajason

Hey Guys,

@blown motor...I am in...we have the hotel booked. 

My car will be road worthy and I plan on driving it!

My wife said she would drive her jeep Cherokee down as a support vehicle.  Not sure it will pull a trailer, but we will load it up with tools etc.

Jason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.