Main Menu

Heading to NJ

Started by mopar thunder, October 25, 2018, 04:25:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

mopar thunder

Well I leave today to go up to the NJ shore.  I got a call from my property manager that there was an issue. I got word the floor in the kitchen is sagging severely. Not sure what "severely" means but guess I will see when I get there. Hopefully nothing really bad. Of course my friends call to tell me that there is a Nor' Easter predicted for this weekend..... great.... It appears I get thru the Hurricane season down south and now go to this. Oh well, what to do. Anyone else hear about a storm this weekend up in the northeast?

Chryco Psycho

Safe Travels , if you have a water leak getting the floor wet it can warp like crazy  :andyangel:

Spikedog08

That sounds like an odd issue . . . do you have a basement?  Foundation issue maybe?   :thinking:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

dave73

Where in NJ? I'm in Morris County

1 Wild R/T

Wouldn't it be nice if the tenant said something before it became "Severe"...... Yeah, my tenant never said anything either..... I don't miss having rentals...... Especially here in California where lawmakers figure if you own a rental you deserve whatever crap the tenant does to your property......   

mopar thunder

Quote from: dave73chally on October 25, 2018, 09:29:19 AM
Where in NJ? I'm in Morris County

I have a place at the shore in Cape May Point. It wasn't as bad as was indicated. Weather wasn't as bad either.

mopar thunder

Quote from: Spikedog08 on October 25, 2018, 08:52:09 AM
That sounds like an odd issue . . . do you have a basement?  Foundation issue maybe?   :thinking:

It wasn't bad at all. it is just settling of a 1930's house. The house has been added onto several times. There isn't a basement just a crawl space. I will have it jacked up just a little and have it fixed. There was no cracking in the walls or joints either. I had no heat while I was there though because of a relay. It got a little cold in the house over night.

1Burgfish

:wrenching: Dave73chally where in Morris County? I grew up in Dover.

moparcop

Im from Morris County as well. Grew up in Jefferson Twp. (lake Hopatcong)
"No matter where you go....there you are"