Main Menu

1970 Challenger Near me

Started by Daveh, September 30, 2022, 02:02:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YYZ

Looks to be decent and pretty complete.

Big block SE, purple on black leather, A/C - what's not to like?

JH27N0B

It's a pretty unusual car.  A lot of rare parts like the big block AC lines and rear trim panel look to be present.
I don't see the SE emblems that go on the vinyl roof though.  Unless something has changed and someone is repoing them now, they are very difficult to find.
Project car but would be cool when done.  I have a flat hood big block Challenger and can probably count on one hand how many others I've seen over the years.

Blowout

This car caught my attention as well. It's like someone ordered it as an R/T but without the badging. I have interest in it.  @Daveh you liking it, or just seeing what people think?  What are your guys feeling on cost as is?

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Blowout on September 30, 2022, 05:02:11 PM
This car caught my attention as well. It's like someone ordered it as an R/T but without the badging. I have interest in it.  @Daveh you liking it, or just seeing what people think?  What are your guys feeling on cost as is?

Back in the day, drivers with a less than a good driving record bought these and the cars were given the name of "insurance beaters". You got a RT without triggering the higher insurance. I am sure some were bought without trying to get a RT without the badging, but not too many.

Added this: I actually think they are kinda interesting. They were a sleeper on the streets back in the day. Most thought it was just a grandma's car until they left them in the dust! LOL

JH27N0B

Is the first digit in the VON a 0 or a Q? I can't tell from the fender tag picture.
If it's a Q it was likely an executive lease car.  That is what mine is.
My understanding was they could not order high performance cars, so you'll sometimes find well optioned cars with the biggest engine available without getting an R/T or a cuda or whatever as it was specced out by an executive as his lease car.

71GranCoupe

Quote from: JH27N0B on September 30, 2022, 06:18:52 PM
Is the first digit in the VON a 0 or a Q? I can't tell from the fender tag picture.
If it's a Q it was likely an executive lease car.  That is what mine is.
My understanding was they could not order high performance cars, so you'll sometimes find well optioned cars with the biggest engine available without getting an R/T or a cuda or whatever as it was specced out by an executive as his lease car.

Looks like a zero, maybe a better picture can be found.

Daveh

Hey guys,

I was asked if I posted this because I was interested in buying it.  I would love to but I'm not in a position space wise. I just posted it because it's only about 15 minutes from me and I could go look at it for someone if they are interested. 

Dave

Blowout

I might take you up on that Dave. I'll let you know. Thanks for offering that.

Brian

EV2RTSE

This car was up here in NJ not long ago, that flipper guy who keeps finding all the cudas had it for sale for around 30k. Huge plus that nearly all of the hard to find parts are there. Year One has reproduction SE roof emblems.

Jay Bee

Blowout

Yeah, I saw that.  I think the $50K is crazy.  What do you guys think it's worth as seen?

anlauto

Quote from: Jay Bee on October 01, 2022, 07:26:10 AM
From the dealer's website $49.9K, scroll down to it.

https://www.kdsautosale.com/coupe-for-sale-b100011

$50K for a 383 auto PROJECT car ? Why not buy one fully restored for an extra $5000 :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Hope that price is for it fully restored. Hilarious.
Sheldon

anlauto

Somewhere between $15K and $20K likely double what the current owner paid for it  :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration