Main Menu

1970 Challenger Near me

Started by Daveh, September 30, 2022, 02:02:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

If it was in that shape and a 440+6, 4 speed I would pass on it.
Sheldon

Blowout

RUNCHARGER

Well: In that condition the cost involved in restoring it added to the price exceeds the finished value. So it would be a whole lot of labour to lose money. A nicely restored SE, 383, 4 bbl car isn't going to bring much more than the current asking price. Anyone that has restored a car won't go anywhere near this car. I think $15k-$20k asking for this one would be lots. You'd still be upside down on cost of restoring it but it would still be realistic and the car would be saved. At $50k asking this car will never be driving again and that's the disappointing part of it all. We need all of them back on the road.
Sheldon

7E-Bodies

Someone had better buy this. I don't care what the flipper paid.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

headejm

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 01, 2022, 11:24:47 AM
Well: In that condition the cost involved in restoring it added to the price exceeds the finished value. So it would be a whole lot of labour to lose money. A nicely restored SE, 383, 4 bbl car isn't going to bring much more than the current asking price. Anyone that has restored a car won't go anywhere near this car. I think $15k-$20k asking for this one would be lots. You'd still be upside down on cost of restoring it but it would still be realistic and the car would be saved. At $50k asking this car will never be driving again and that's the disappointing part of it all. We need all of them back on the road.

:iagree:

Also, blue engine, standard dash and 2-speed wiper motor. It is fairly unique though.

Speaking from experience, it is difficult to restore a SE without all of the unique SE parts included.

anlauto

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on October 05, 2022, 07:22:44 AM
Someone had better buy this. I don't care what the flipper paid.

:huh: So, you think it's worth the $49,900.00 they're asking as is?  :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Blowout

$19,950 currently on eBay.  No reserve, but guessing they will cancel if they don't like the outcome?  I had interest, but getting out of my comfort zone and the $50K on their website makes me question it.