Main Menu

1970 Challenger Restomod Project

Started by Moprr, June 07, 2019, 07:08:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Moprr

Hey guys I decided I am going to try and sell my project.  I put it up last year for a day then he wife talked me out of it.  Now I decided I don't have he time and want a driver.  It is a 1970 challenger original 318 car.  The car was blasted epoxied and all rust cut out and replaced.   This was a pretty solid car.  Has all original frame rails.  Quarters trunk floor gutters and drop offs were replaced as well as a few small patches.  The unibody was stiffened using us cartool inner fender braces and rad support.  Torque boxes and frame connectors also installed. Have some pics prior and during work to show the car was not a rot box.  The car was painted base clear finish is a nice cruise night quality.  The transmission tunnel and trans crossmember were opened up to allow multiple transmission options.  K frame and lower control arms were reinforced and powdercoated. bumper brackets and many other brackets have been blasted and powder-coated.  The powertraim is a 5.7 HEMI motor has 1100km QuickTime bellhousing and a new never used Tko 600.  The motor and tranny were fitted and removed for paint. The motor mounts are Tti milodin oil pan and pickup.  Pan needs to be taken off and pickup installed as I just put it on for mockup.  The motor comes with a Mopar standalone Dyno harness and computer.  Tranny is connected to the motor only for mock up also needs to be taken appart and put together with flex plate pressure plate etc most parts there I believe you may just need some bolts can't remember as its been a while.  Comes with 4 speed pedals and parts for exterior slave just need hoses and figure the mounting point.  The car is sitting on the stock springs but comes  with new hotchkis springs. I also have a new borgeson steering box and hotchkis upper control arms control arms were used on a friends car for 1000km before he sold there car stock.  I have the original dash (cracked). have a black rear seat and interior panels most in really good condition one door panel has a small fixable crack.  I have a new stainless magnaflow exhaust (you will just need headpipes to go from the manifold to magnaflow.  I have the original window stainless trim front grill is straight but needs refinishing headlight bezels have some dents.  I am sure I am forgetting stuff but this should give a good idea.  I am looking for $22500 Canadian car is in Toronto Canada

Chryco Psycho

I wish I had the funds , looks like a fun project

Moprr

More pics

Moprr

anlauto

Quote from: Moprr on June 15, 2019, 07:44:57 AM
Just took a deposit in the car

Hey that's great, is it going to stay in Canada ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Moprr

anlauto

Cool, that was a good deal for someone. :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

challengermaniac

I'm actually surprised it lasted 8 days!  This was an excellent deal given the buyer knows exactly what they are getting and hey, it's got a 5.7 Hemi and Tremec 600 with a lot more goodies to boot! 
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

Moprr

Seems like a good guy with the time and space to completed.  Seems like it will continue in the same way I was going with it.