Main Menu

1970 Challenger R/T 383 4-Speed Convertible, Original Paint Unrestored Survivor

Started by TONY, March 06, 2020, 12:36:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

TONY

1970 Challenger R/T 383 4-Speed Convertible, Original Paint Unrestored Survivor - $87,500

My Personal Car That I've Owned For Over 20 Years.

1970 Challenger R/T 383 4-Speed Convertible,
Original Paint Unrestored Survivor.
F8 Green with Saddle Interior, a stunning combination!
All Matching Numbers with Original Data Tag and Broadcast Sheet.
Extremely Original Car Down To Original (no repro): Plug Wires, Battery Cables, Belts, Radiator Hoses, Polyglas Tires, etc.

Options Include Console, AM/FM, Rimblow Steering Wheel, Power Steering, etc.
They're Only Original Once and This Is A Rare Opportunity To Own A Desirable All Matching #s Survivor
That's 1 Of 149 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4-Speed Convertibles Ever Built!

Has Been Featured In Many Magazines Such As Mopar Muscle, Mopar Action, Hot Rod, Carlisle 1997 Program, And Muscle Car Enthusiast Amongst Others.

$87,500

Link to more pics
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...UTRQUmI0UW5CRkFPN3dnQktkU2RxTTIweGpfajFR

tonymopar@aol.com
302-398-0821, days
Harrington Delaware

JS29

TONY

Quote from: JS29 on March 06, 2020, 01:08:14 PM
I am sure you pampered it, good luck with the sale.  :perfect10:
thank you
you want to hear something sick, i bought it in 1999, drove it home from new hampshire. went to motor vehicle with it, and never drove it again. of course i start it and drive it up and down my road once or twice a year, but never went anywhere with it.  so sad its embarrassing

7E-Bodies

Beautiful car in the perfect color (I'm not biased at all). I couldn't get your photo link to work though.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

Great car, I was really surprised it didn't get bid higher at Mecum  :no:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

I remember seeing that car featured in Mopar Muscle years ago.  I was interested in seeing the wiper motor with the yellow sticker with the E body 3 speed part number on it.  My T/A's wiper motor had the same thing, another part number wiper motor with the yellow sticker on it with the E body part number.  It was on the car when I bought it in '78.  I wonder if it was installed at the plant or as a replacement part later on?  I've also seen pictures of radiators that had a tag with a different part number soldered over the part number on the tank.  I wonder how often that type of thing happened.
It's tough owning cars and realizing after a while how long it's been since you got it out and enjoyed it.  It's hard to resist driving a convertible, if I could only keep one of my vintage cars it would be the convertible!

Cuda Cody

TONY

Quote from: JH27N0B on March 06, 2020, 02:43:04 PM
I remember seeing that car featured in Mopar Muscle years ago.  I was interested in seeing the wiper motor with the yellow sticker with the E body 3 speed part number on it.  My T/A's wiper motor had the same thing, another part number wiper motor with the yellow sticker on it with the E body part number.  It was on the car when I bought it in '78.  I wonder if it was installed at the plant or as a replacement part later on?  I've also seen pictures of radiators that had a tag with a different part number soldered over the part number on the tank.  I wonder how often that type of thing happened.
It's tough owning cars and realizing after a while how long it's been since you got it out and enjoyed it.  It's hard to resist driving a convertible, if I could only keep one of my vintage cars it would be the convertible!

im very confident that the label on top of another part # is original. my unrestored superbird had a numbered sticker on the wiper motor.

i also had another superbird that had a radiator with a soldered on tag on top of another number.

ive run across many other radiators like that too

anlauto

I have one of those wiper motors here right now as well..I thought it might have been an over the counter part, but I guess not.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Tony, you need to watch the market closer.... If this car.....

https://forum.e-bodies.org/e-body-stuff-found-on-ebay-craigslist-or-anywhere-else/20/rt-convertible/15017/msg200402#msg200402

Is worth 99K then yours must be worth 100K.......   :rofl:

Seriously though, nice R/T vert.... :drinkingbud:

Oh, I too have a 70 wiper motor with the yellow tag...

7E-Bodies

@TONY , just tried to use the picture link from another machine and it still fails. Would really like to see those pics.

Kevin

TONY

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on March 07, 2020, 03:25:09 PM
@TONY , just tried to use the picture link from another machine and it still fails. Would really like to see those pics.

Kevin

Kevin

try this
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xu1SZH5vQYX6uNbJ7

if that doesnt work then email me and ill send them as an attachment

7E-Bodies

@TONY that link works. What official mileage is currently on the car?

Kevin

TONY

I didn't know there was an official mileage, LOL. 
The mileage is 62,998