Main Menu

1970 Hemi Challenger R/T SE Unrestored Survivor

Started by GQ234, July 06, 2017, 04:12:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GQ234

Pics

Cuda Cody

You might have the only 4 speed Gator Grain Hemi Challenger ever built?   8)

MoparDave

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 07, 2017, 01:28:27 PM
You might have the only 4 speed Gator Grain Hemi Challenger ever built?   8)

now that would be something.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

TobiasM

Quote from: anlauto on July 07, 2017, 08:50:14 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 07, 2017, 07:46:42 AM
Quote from: anlauto on July 07, 2017, 07:19:17 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 07, 2017, 07:10:42 AM
Quote from: TobiasM on July 06, 2017, 11:50:56 PM

what's up with that N96-topic, as I don't see N96 "Shaker-hood" listed on the window-sticker, which I think would have been an option worth mentioning on that sticker.

Whats your scheduled production date? Mine is a N96-shaker car, SPD is 415 (April 15th 1970).

There's no N96 mentioned because it's not an N96 car & doesn't have an N96 hood..... It's got the standard performance bulge hood, sometimes referred to as the "Raisin Bran Hood" cause it has two scoops..... 

Below is an N96 equipped Challenger...

He's making reference to this comment on Facebook "And yes...you will be seeing it at the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals in November in our N96 shaker display. Why in the Shaker Invitational display? Well...stay tuned and we'll tell you!"

Never been on Facebook so I wouldn't know....

I'm not a fan either, I just clicked the link in the original post above...I guess because my wife is logged in on this computer it opened.

The guy probably tried to order N96 but didn't get it due to inventory.....a lot of similar stories but pretty hard to prove 47 years later  :dunno: I'm just guessing.....not really sure why MCACN would want it in a N96 display  :drunk:

Alan, you nailed it: I was referring to the facebook-text...and was guessing that he ordered a shaker-hood, but the factory (accidentally) didn't mount one...none of the less I assumed that the n96-code would have been mentioned on his window-sticker and/or fendertag...but at least on the window-sticker it doesn't say "n96" anywhere and that was what confused me.

From what I learned off the shaker-hood-thread here, these hoods were in backorder for a certain period and all cars ordered with one although got an SPD of April 10th...but I personally have the opinion that it might have been April 15th as that collective-spd, cause that is more logical to me, as I can imagine the notification to the factory about the estimated time of shakerhoods beeing available AGAIN to production-lines might have been "...will be available again at arround mid of April!".

I am also living perfectly fine without an fb-account, but following the link given in the very first post of this whole thread worked without the need of beeing logged in at fb.

6bblgt

there was a broadcast sheet for a RED w/black leather interior "loaded" 4-speed hemi'cuda w/V1G on eBay a few years ago

- that would account for the 3 HEMI E-bodies with V1G that I've heard of

Voodoo Child

""GATOR GRAIN TOP"" !!!!WOW!!!! :wowzers: (Insert Homer Drool) Very Cool  :ohyeah: