Main Menu

1970 Challenger T/A, FE5, 4spd

Started by LoStHeMi, April 30, 2024, 04:05:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Pretty much a joke description.

Tik Tok tach ??  Who says that?  What is that?

No vin
No fender tag
No vin tag
No door sticker
No description about any of the original parts with the exception of the standards below.
They know it's "correct" fe5 red.

Description
- Desirable T/A Trans American Racing Homologation Model
- Powerful 340C.I. Six Pack V8 Engine
- Heavy Duty A833 4-Speed Manual Transmission
- Hurst Pistol Grip Shifter
- 3x2bbl Holley Carburetors
- Correct Edelbrock-Made Intake Manifold
- Factory Side Exit Dual Exhaust
- Power Brakes
- Front Disc Brakes
- Power Steering
- Scooped Lightweight Fiberglass Hood
- Front & Rear Fiberglass Spoilers
- Mopar Rallye Wheels
- BFGoodrich Radial T/A Tires
- Tic Toc Tach
- 3-Spoke "Tuff" Steering Wheel
- Spare & Jack
- Dual Painted Racing Mirrors
- Remote Driver Mirror
- Black Vinyl Interior
- Bucket Seats
- Center Console
- Finished in correct FE5 Rallye Red

Please contact one of our expert sales consultants for the most complete information on this beautiful vehicle. They will be happy to answer any questions you may have, give you a complete walk-around, and in the process, supply you with the most detailed description of the vehicle. We gladly accept trades! We offer financing options on your purchase through only the best classic car financing companies in the business, with approved credit. Our customers buy with confidence. For over 30 years we have bought and sold quality classic collector cars all over the world. Contact Ideal Classic Cars of Venice, Florida today!

Ideal Classic Cars assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this vehicle. The information contained in this vehicle description is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness. Mileage displayed may not be actual mileage due to exemptions.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JH27N0B

It's so fast it bent the radio antenna back!

TX9AAR

Tic Toc tach is from a 68 - 70 b-body

dodj

Here is a picture of one Josh. Not std ebody equipment.
Clock, 'tic toc' in the centre, 'tach' on the outside
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

erik70rt

Buyer beware on this one. I'm guessing it's a clone based on the missing parts, wrong steering wheel, 2 spd wiper motor, etc.  If it is real, it's a horrible restoration.  I got a chuckle from the challenger dash badges on the doors. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

cuda hunter

Thanks for the info on the tac. 
I have yet to own a second gen B body so they are very unfamiliar to me.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

MoparCarGuy

It is not a clone. It is JH23J0B309997. Sold at Mecum Glendale 2024, Lot S32 for $77,000.
Not coded for the A62 - Rallye Dash with N85 - Tachometer which would both be on the fender tag.
Standard instrument cluster T/A's came with 2-speed wipers. Rallye cluster T/A's came with 3-speed wipers.
This can be seen on the below JH23J0B307265 FE5 Challenger T/A which is not coded for J25 - 3-speed wipers on Line 8 of the broadcast sheet.

MoparCarGuy

cuda hunter

Thank you very much @MoparCarGuy

Really cool to see that JH23J0B309997 is not a clone. 

headejm

Prime example of why you should always do the core/radiator support blackout on a repaint. Really bothers me to see the body color showing through the grille.   :Thud: