Main Menu

1970 Cuda 340 4 spd "survivor" ish

Started by LoStHeMi, June 14, 2020, 03:37:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

formula_s

Its not even 'survivorish'. repaint in the WRONG color, c'mon already, not to say I don't like it though.

6bblgt

:thinking: is he claiming the '71 Challenger seats are original to the car?

6bblgt

& per the broadcast sheet it was "SCHEDULED" 7/30, but built about 2-weeks earlier

headers, wrong valve covers, missing wheel lip mouldings, missing space-saver spare, '71 front bumper, aftermarket stereo & rear speakers  :foul: "SURVIVOR"  :rofl:

RUNCHARGER

Decent car but it's a catch22. Really no good the way it is so you have to figure the cost of a repaint into it, then if you repaint it, everything else will look a bit worn so now it gets complicated. So if you pay say $50k for it are you going to be happy with it, because you'll have to live with it the way it is or just buy a different car.
Sheldon

anlauto

It's "survived" the last 50 years ? :dunno: That accounts for something... :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cudamadd

JS29

FYone

Randy has been known to come across survivor cars in the past and USUALLY they are truer to that statement.....not this time, 2 different coats of blue on the FC7....not sure in what context this one classify's as a survivor.

RUNCHARGER

I like the pedals, they're a survivor piece as well, just not from 70.
Sheldon

anlauto

Makes you kinda wonder why the three pedals would have to be swapped out for 73-74 pedals :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

headejm

At least the hood springs have "survived" in FC7...  :cheers:

Matt M

I am looking hard for a 70 340 4 Speed Cuda
This one just doesn't make the cut especially at that price.

I struggle with the color change and all the other issues that I personally could not live with.

I like the car but the price would have to come way down

I will just keep looking

RUNCHARGER

Yes: It's probably a pretty good car but it isn't worth the dough with all the changes it needs to be worth what he is asking.
Sheldon

anlauto

I actually really like the colour it is now....might be a little dark for B7 but I think it looks nice. :bigthumb: