Main Menu

1970 Cuda 383/Auto project for sale A21 Elastromeric bumper & A31 3.91 HP Axle

Started by cdkmbjones, May 28, 2018, 06:59:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cdkmbjones

Selling my 70 cuda due to time and $ constraints. Unfortunately, I have a 71 440-6 Superbee that needs to be finished first and a 71 Cuda next, so this car is going to be sitting a long time.
Check out the Craigslist ad here if interested - https://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/d/1970-plymouth-cuda-383/6600429691.html
$10900 obo

RUNCHARGER

Good looking car good luck with the sale, I would be having a look if it was closer.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

1970 plymouth barracuda
condition: fair
cylinders: 8 cylinders
fuel: gas
paint color: green
size: mid-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: coupe
For sale is my 1970 Plymouth Cuda - rubber bumper big block car!
I purchased this car last year like the old story goes - with every intent of doing it justice and doing a full rotisserie restoration due to rarity of the rubber bumper group.
However, I have been doing just such a restoration on my other car - a 1971 440 six pack Superbee and its taking a lot more time and money to finish than I originally expected.
So, I have decided to let the Cuda go, since it is becoming clear its going to be quite some time before I can get to it.
This car has a lot of potential and when finished would command a nice price.

It is loaded with options, here is how the fender tag breaks down
E63 - 383 HP 4 barrel
D32 - HD 727 Automatic
BS23 - Plymouth Barracuda, Special (Cuda), 2 door hardtop
EF8 - Dark Green Metallic Paint
H6X9 - High grade vinyl black bucket seats
A21 - Elastromeric Color Front Bumper Group
A31 - 3.91:1 High Performance Axle Group
A62 - Rallye Instrument Cluster
C16 - Console w Buckets
C55 - Bucket Seats
G36 Left hand remote, right hand outside manual mirrors
J45 - Hood Tie Down Pins
J54 - Sport Hood
M21 - Roof Drip Rail Moldings
M25 - Wide Sill Molding
M31 - Belt Molding
M88 - Quarter panel tape treatment
N41 - Dual Exhaust
N42 - Chrome Exhaust Tips
N85 - Tachometer
R11 - Music Master AM radio

The car obviously needs total restoration but the good:
The hood is clean
The rockers are clean
Both doors - with the original VIN sticker are clean
Both front door panels are really nice
Both tail lights are very nice with mint lenses
The grille is really nice with the chrome trim and no cracks that I have seen
The glass except the windshield is all there and very clear.

The Bad:
It needs both front fenders
Both rear quarters need work or replacement
Trunk pan needs to be replaced
Drivers side floor pan repairs

To go with the sale of the car:
I noticed some thin spots at the very rear of the rear frame rails near the tail panel so I purchased two replacement rear frame rails in case I had decided to do some repairs.
I also have a wheel house
An extra dash metal frame
Both trunk extensions
A right side quarter skin

My loss is your gain
I have a date correct 383HP block and heads to go with the car
I also have a correct HD727 transmission within a few months of the vehicle build and it was rebuilt before i got it
All of the chrome trim is in the car

This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a car that will be not only gorgeous when done but will be worth north of 60k, so even with putting 30 grand into making this a show car you would still come out ahead and it shouldn't need that kind of money.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Properly restored it should fetch in the $50's for sure, don't think it will get "North of $60K" because of the lack of numbers matching drive line, no broadcast sheet and it's an automatic....three strikes.
Great project for somebody. :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

xx88man

I can't help but wonder.....it's coded for a rallye dash yet the pics clearly show it isn't  :thinking:
Keep yer foot in it

JS29

Quote from: xx88man on May 30, 2018, 07:43:55 AM
I can't help but wonder.....it's coded for a rallye dash yet the pics clearly show it isn't  :thinking:
Previous owner probable swapped them out and sold the rallye dash for A better profit!!!  :foul: Or it might be going in his other project!!!

6bblgt

wasn't this car discussed here & listed on Ebay ~6 months ago

long time owner in NY had this & a project Six Pack Challenger he was going to sell  :thinking:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

cdkmbjones

For some reason I haven't been getting any of these responses - I must need to update something in my profile.
As for the question of the gauges - you are correct, it is coded for rallye but doesn't have them - that's how I got it, but I just found a set on ebay that I picked up and could add to the sale.
As for the mention of this being for sale around 6 months ago by a guy also on Long island with other cars - correct again, I bought it from him. I saw the possibilities and ran out to him since he wasn't too far and bought it from him. Then I started gathering parts like the tail lights, grille, some interior parts and all together what I am asking for it is what I have into it - nothing funny going on.
I try to be as straight and honest as possible, I will provide any photo or details anyone wants - I have zero interest in mis-representing the car in any way. Unlike waaay too many people in this hobby, I am not in it for the flip, or the money - I enjoy the cars. But when You get involved in a big project you do need to keep an eye on how quickly the costs can get out of control, so if in the end, the car won't be worth what you put into it, then it may not be the right project.
The true and honest reason why I am selling it, is I live in a tight busy area on a 1/4 acre. I just don't have the space or the funds to keep it once I came across the car I really wanted - a factory N96 shaker 71 Cuda. Plus I am just over a year into a very costly restoration of my 71 440-6 v code Superbee. So, sitting out in the garage one day I just said to myself - this car will be here for a very long time before it gets done, maybe its time to let it go to someone who can do it justice a lot sooner, freeing up $ and space for the other two cars.
As far as the idea of my taking parts off it for my other projects - nope, haven't removed a single part, just the opposite, I am including the parts I have been collecting for it over the past 6 months.
If anyone needs any more info I would be more than happy to help.
Chris