Main Menu

1970 Cuda Convertible 440-6 in High Impact Lime Light Poly FJ5

Started by gb70, July 16, 2020, 03:18:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gb70

anlauto

I was liking it until I saw the "smiling" front sway bar :crazytalk: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

cudamadd

6bblgt hello could you please explain the fake tag so I can learn some think else  :cheers: :australia:

Mopsquad

I find it interesting how much of the negative battery cable gets engine oversprayed.

autoxcuda

Quote from: Mopsquad on July 20, 2020, 11:22:25 AM
I find it interesting how much of the negative battery cable gets engine oversprayed.

I have a picture from a road test of a cable with paint over the post terminal end.

I don't think that was typical, but I can see there being a lot of variation there.

Paul Jacobs restored a car and painted the terminal end. Caused a stink in show car field judging.

On a unrelated note... I know of mechanics that use regular spray paint over battery ends to prevent corrosion.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

6bblgt

the lead is all that was masked - so the paint line can be anywhere & the mask could fall off

I popped the hood for this '72 GTX to be judged at MATS & in ~10 seconds one of the judges stated "too much paint on the battery cable" - I said "I'm not here to argue, just judge the car"

a few months later someone on-line posted a couple pics of a brand new '72 GTX in a mid-west driveway  :takealook: check out the battery cable