Main Menu

1970 Cuda Project - not mine - Montreal Canada.

Started by 72 Challenger, February 10, 2018, 04:54:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

72 Challenger

Just drinking my morning coffee here and came across this:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-voiture-collection/longueuil-rive-sud/plymouth-cuda-1970-plaque-projet/1330032350?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

It's in french but the guy says:

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda, non numbers matching but a factory yellow, 340, 4 speed, shaker car, fog lights (I think he means road lamps?) black interior. Has build sheet and dash vin but fender tag is missing. Floor has been redone but the rear quarters and tail panel still need to be done. Has already purchased a tail panel. Engine needs to be re-done, roller rockers and X heads, has all the parts to rebuild engine. Solid car, already partially sandblasted and includes several other pieces he is giving with the car. reason for selling: leaving either the country or the province. not sure what his definition of "exterior" is.

Car is in the Montreal Greater Area. $12,500.

if what he says is true that seems like a good deal no?
Someday I will have a J0b.

anlauto

Not an original shaker car :alan2cents: too bad....it's a good deal in Canuck bucks !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

72 Challenger

Quote from: anlauto on February 10, 2018, 06:21:14 AM
Not an original shaker car :alan2cents: too bad....it's a good deal in Canuck bucks !

darn, someday I will find a gem! back to the hunt!
Someday I will have a J0b.

Jim AAR

Here's how it translates with Google Translate:

Plymouth Cuda 1970 no match number exit with a 340 manual 4-speed. I have the original car of the vehicle it is yellow output with the options as in the photo 340 with shaker and chrome wing towers with the Shark grill and option fogs light interior black RARE. I do not have the Fender Tags of the vehicle, I only have the dash with the VIN. NO INSPECTION it is PLATED. The floors have been redone in full rest has changed the 2 back and back tail pannel the rest is already purchased (NINE). The engine must be back in new 340 mounted roller with head in X I have all the parts for the reassembled in nine. It is a project. Body very solid and quite complete it is already sandblaster and also several other pieces that I give with. Reason for the sale: Departure outside

750-h2

I read the French description and the seller says he has the broadcast sheet that confirms its a real 340 Shaker car!

anlauto

Well there's no hole in the firewall for the shaker cable....Car could be rebodied ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

750-h2

Husk Challenger

Maybe i can give you a better translation than google

plymouth Cuda 70, born with a 340 and 4 spd,  engine not # matching.
The owner got the Buildsheet and claim that the color, shaker, chrome wheel moldings, fog lights, Shark grill and black interior are listed on the buildsheet.
No fender tag, but he has the VIN Tag is still on the dash.
Full floors have been redone, but the car need the two rear quarters and tail panel. He claims the rest has already been purchase.
The engine need rebuilt, X heads, and rollers rockers arms. He already has all the parts needed for the rebuilt.
It's a project car (really??  :rofl:)
Body is very solid, and almost complet. The body has already been sandblasted as some other parts he gives with the car.
Reason of the sale: Moving in foreign country
Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

SF-Resto

Quote from: anlauto on February 10, 2018, 10:24:33 AM
Well there's no hole in the firewall for the shaker cable....Car could be rebodied ?

:worship:  Getting older Alan but not blind for sure  :bigthumb:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

GY3R/T

" Body has been sand blasted "    Ouch     :o

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 10, 2018, 03:48:50 PM
Meh: AMD hood I bet.

I'll take that bet....and you're gonna regret.....

Not even an AMD hood.... :thumbdown:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

benlavigne

Went to see the car, or pile of parts...
I'd call it a nice broadcast sheet from what would have been a great-looking new car, 340 4 speed, N96 Shaker, M21 elastomeric front bumper, Rallye dash, FY1, no vinyl top... plus a VIN plate, and current registration.
Then you get a shell with no numbers, not a total rust bucket, ok for a Canadian car, needs floors, frame rails, front inner fenders, dash, etc... but good bones, and since it is stripped, there are no surprises, looks like original paint on quarters... and look at that antenna hole on the right quarter... A lot of new parts included (all Goodmark, not AMD), hood (NO other Shaker parts), rear wheelhouses, trunk floor and extensions, good used LH door and fenders, 340 engine and 4-speed parts.
I was thinking of getting it and offering it to the US market, but the numbers thing is bothering me...

Ben