Main Menu

1970 Cuda Project - not mine - Montreal Canada.

Started by 72 Challenger, February 10, 2018, 04:54:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

anlauto

I guess if one is okay with owing a rebodied car, it would be a pretty decent deal....too bad he didn't take the time to restamp the body numbers before advertising it. :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Did any ebodies come through the line and NOT get their vin stamp on the cowl and radiator?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

71GranCoupe

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 11, 2018, 03:14:48 PM
Did any ebodies come through the line and NOT get their vin stamp on the cowl and radiator?

I know for a fact there are mis-stamped numbers, but have not heard of un-stamped vehicles making it off the line. Have heard of rad supports that have been changed do to front end damage and not having any, as far as the cowl,   :dunno:

benlavigne

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on February 11, 2018, 03:28:13 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on February 11, 2018, 03:14:48 PM

I know for a fact there are mis-stamped numbers, but have not heard of un-stamped vehicles making it off the line. Have heard of rad supports that have been changed do to front end damage and not having any, as far as the cowl,   :dunno:

In this case, there were probably numbers on the cowl and rad support at one point, my guess is that they were used on another car, especially if it was an AAR (antenna on right quarter).

Ben
Quote from: anlauto on February 11, 2018, 02:16:38 PM
I guess if one is okay with owing a rebodied car, it would be a pretty decent deal....too bad he didn't take the time to restamp the body numbers before advertising it. :looney:

What? People do that?  ;)

Ben

RUNCHARGER

You know I was going to say that because it is in Quebec to carefully watch the #'s but I didn't post that as it is not fair to all the upstanding Quebecers in the hobby. It is too bad that a few give all the others a bad name.
Sheldon

kathyscuda

take the time to restamp the body #####s
remind me to never buy a car from alan.

anlauto

Quote from: kathyscuda on February 12, 2018, 04:44:57 AM

take the time to restamp the body #####s
remind me to never buy a car from alan.

It's called sarcasm .... :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kathyscuda

I know you wouldn't do that.
you have a great reputation

benlavigne

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 11, 2018, 08:26:45 PM
You know I was going to say that because it is in Quebec to carefully watch the #'s but I didn't post that as it is not fair to all the upstanding Quebecers in the hobby. It is too bad that a few give all the others a bad name.
Thank you... ;-)

Ben