Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger Convertible 4-Speed - BAT Auction

Started by 303 Mopar, April 03, 2019, 12:34:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

This 1970 Dodge Challenger convertible is finished in Top Banana Yellow over a black interior featuring woodgrain trim and front bucket seats. Power is from a 340ci V8 backed by a 4-speed manual transmission, and other factory features include power disc brakes, power steering, and a dual exhaust. The chassis build tag can be seen in the gallery below and the car was reportedly restored by a previous owner. The seller acquired the car in January 2018 from Don Williams of The Blackhawk Collection. This first-year Challenger is now offered in Bremerton, Washington with a clean California title.

JH27HOB171798
49k Miles Shown
340ci V8
4-Speed Manual Transmission
Top Banana Yellow
Black Interior and Soft Top
Woodgrain Trim
Leather Bucket Seats
Power Brakes and Steering
Dual Exhaust

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

That's sweet.  My first Challenger was an A66 4 spd car.  Loved it!! 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

340challconvert

As always I'm an A66 fan.
That Y1 car is almost an exact duplicate of my A66 vert, but mine being an automatic.
Of course that car is currently in much better condition then mine; kind of what mine should look like (minus the incorrect RT stuff)

Has this car sold?  The auction site listed the ending of the bidding on April 10th with a current bid of $15K

In my earlier notes on this car; I came across someone saying it was a re-body??  Not sure how accurate that statement is?

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

6bblgt

correct, it is currently bid to $15K & the auction ends on 4/10 (next Wednesday)

benlavigne

Quote from: 340challconvert on April 03, 2019, 04:07:06 PM
That Y1 car is almost an exact duplicate of my A66 vert, but mine being an automatic.
Of course that car is currently in much better condition then mine; kind of what mine should look like (minus the incorrect RT stuff)

Has this car sold?  The auction site listed the ending of the bidding on April 10th with a current bid of $15K

In my earlier notes on this car; I came across someone saying it was a re-body??  Not sure how accurate that statement is?

I saw it at Barrett-Jackson last January, it sold for 45K plus fee...So the first part of the description is untrue.. https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1970-DODGE-CHALLENGER-CONVERTIBLE-227452

It was clearly described as a rebody, lots wrong with it, lower door edges/sills looked full of filler, wrong rear valance, Rallye dash added on standard dash, wrong carb, assuming non-matching drivetrain...

Ben

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

gzig5

What does "rebodied" mean?  Didn't start out as a convertible or it's had quarter skins replaced?

340challconvert

Thanks for the clarification on this car

:popcorn:

Quote from: benlavigne on April 03, 2019, 07:21:54 PM

I saw it at Barrett-Jackson last January, it sold for 45K plus fee...So the first part of the description is untrue.. https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1970-DODGE-CHALLENGER-CONVERTIBLE-227452

It was clearly described as a rebody, lots wrong with it, lower door edges/sills looked full of filler, wrong rear valance, Rallye dash added on standard dash, wrong carb, assuming non-matching drivetrain...

Ben

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

318Stroker

Ben

Wrong steering wheel also.

HP_Cuda

Funny how this one got folks all excited only to be let down on it's true nature.

:bricks:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Quote from: HP_Cuda on April 04, 2019, 10:26:35 AM

Funny how this one got folks all excited only to be let down on it's true nature.

:bricks:

Someone will buy it and be as happy as a pig in poo with it....Lot buyers not always crazy about that numbers thing...

303 Mopar

Ben

Do you have the "rebody" description in writing? Or someone just heard them talking about it?  That is a big accusation to make and I would want to be sure it was in writing before throwing the word "rebody" around.

scf100

i HOPE the word REBODY for this car means top cut off and converted to a convertible.........because last time I checked moving a VIN from one car to another is a Federal offense....
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black