Main Menu

1970 Plymouth 426 Hemi Cuda Original Paint Survivor with 2 Build

Started by MasonDaniel7, April 24, 2022, 12:09:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

chris NOS

I m in love ! what a car ,story is cool, if it's really original paint i would make the compromise of not being a 4 Speed  :inlove:
Black and red interior that's hot !
vin:159631

BS27R1B

Great looking Cuda but why has it bounced around between owners for the past 5-6 years?
"  objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are "

cuda hunter

And the tag. 

This is the best looking car made.  Amazing car.

I too was wondering why it has changed hands a few times and the price is not heading up as fast as I would have expected. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

Great car! For me the side moldings and regular mirror just add to the package. I'm not sure why rich guys don't want it either.
Sheldon

Bullitt-

......  :thinking: You guys must know something the seller doesn't?

This car came from a very special classic car collection and was sold at auction in 2008 for $200,000 and hasn't been for sale since

Not that I have the money or even if I did would this be the HEMI Cuda I would want?  :no:

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

JH27N0B

What was the logic of stripping the paint off the fender tag?
Some wealthy collectors buy and sell high end cars like trading stocks. Sometimes even selling a car at a loss to do a write off on taxes.  Not saying this is the case here, just a general observation.
What is a 70 hemi cuda with automatic worth now?  What does black add?  What does survivor add?

cuda hunter

Quote from: Bullitt- on April 24, 2022, 07:37:34 AM
......  :thinking: You guys must know something the seller doesn't?

This car came from a very special classic car collection and was sold at auction in 2008 for $200,000 and hasn't been for sale since

Not that I have the money or even if I did would this be the HEMI Cuda I would want?  :no:

Am I thinking of a different car?  I must be.  Will look in picture archive.   :bricks:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

kdcarman

Quote from: JH27N0B on April 24, 2022, 08:39:27 AM
What was the logic of stripping the paint off the fender tag?
Some wealthy collectors buy and sell high end cars like trading stocks. Sometimes even selling a car at a loss to do a write off on taxes.  Not saying this is the case here, just a general observation.
What is a 70 hemi cuda with automatic worth now?  What does black add?  What does survivor add?

The loss on a classic car sale is not tax deductible: 

Gain on a sale would result in a more beneficial long term capital gain tax rate provided that you held the collectible for more than one year. However, you will get less favorable treatment in deducting your expenses. If you sold your collectible at a loss, the losses would not be deductible.

6pack

JH27N0B

And why wouldn't a loss on a collectible item be deductible against a capitol gain on the sale of another collectible item like a vintage car?
I'll check with my financial planner when I see him in a week, I'm pretty certain there are strategies to minimize taxes on gains for everything including collectibles. And when trying to figure out what some high end collectors are doing with some of their buying and selling antics over the years, insiders have said some of their doings are to take advantage of tax strategies. I have no reason to doubt them as the more I learn about our tax laws the more I understand why financial planners and tax attorneys earn big paychecks.

RzeroB

On another forum I heard the current owner state that he's going to an all stick-shift collection. Matter of preference I guess??

IDK, but the uniqueness of this car would be enough for me. Supposedly, there are only four black over read HemiCudas known to exist: two autos (including this one) and two 4-speeds. This one is by far the most well known of the four. The other three are a lot harder to catch a glimpse of.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)