Main Menu

1970 Plymouth Cuda barracuda convertible 340 automatic

Started by MasonDaniel7, May 15, 2021, 12:24:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

6pack

It is a clone of a Cuda.  The listing has BS27 in the writing but the picture of the upside  down VIN reads BH27G.   The title says Cuda also. Very misleading listing.

dhh

Quote from: 6pack on May 16, 2021, 06:13:52 PM
It is a clone of a Cuda.  The listing has BS27 in the writing but the picture of the upside  down VIN reads BH27G.   The title says Cuda also. Very misleading listing.

Also 59k for that piece? Complete rip off for a cuda clone imo.

anlauto

Maybe you missed the fact that it is a convertible....when the top goes down, the price goes up. An original 70 340 Cuda convertible would be a lot closer to six figures, so yes, I agree the price is on the high side, but it's not out of line as much as you would like to think, a decent quality clone can bring good money. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Poolshark314

Quote from: 6pack on May 16, 2021, 06:13:52 PM

Yup wouldn't trust that seller at all
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

6pack

I am not complaining of the price just the listing and the trustworthiness of the seller that is misrepresenting the listing.  So what else may they be hiding?  Not an up front type of seller.  My price point is spoiled because recently I seen a 70 real Cuda 340 vert go for 42K but it was that rust brown color nice shine paint.

anlauto

Why is the guy not trust worthy ? Everywhere in the ad where I see the word "Cuda" it says "Barracuda" right beside it ? :dunno:

I the vehicle description it says "Barracuda" so where's the problem ? Is it because he doesn't list the fact the 340 was added ? The guy might not even know his numbers  :dunno:

1970 Plymouth barracuda convertible 340
automatic power top power steering power brakes this car was restored 32 years ago by the previous owner it looks fantastic but the paint shows it's age it's is a driver we drive it almost daily runs awesome the fog lights don't work the clock and tac were never hooked up everything else works 813/293-l2l2 all the body numbers are in place top and back glass look brand new car was stored indoors since restored
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Poolshark314

Putting the VIN in the ad as "BS" instead of "BH" is pretty egregious Alan. If he doesn't know his VIN number, it's in the picture for him to fix.
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

anlauto

Quote from: Poolshark314 on May 17, 2021, 05:57:02 PM
Putting the VIN in the ad as "BS" instead of "BH" is pretty egregious Alan. If he doesn't know his VIN number, it's in the picture for him to fix.

I must be blind....I see nowhere in the ad where it says "BS" instead of BH.... :dunno:

6pack

Also, putting Cuda in the title is misleading.  I like the 340 over the 318 myself.

Crocha617

I don't know if it was changed but that ad clearly says BH27 and has pictures.

6pack

The seller must have edited the listing.  Now states BH in the spec. area that previously read BS.

Crocha617

Quote from: 6pack on May 18, 2021, 04:27:16 AM
The seller must have edited the listing.  Now states BH in the spec. area that previously read BS.

I know the guy. He has a bunch of Cuda's & other Mopars he probably just typed BS by mistake.