Main Menu

1971 Barracuda

Started by 71Cuda, March 21, 2018, 09:44:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71Cuda

Not mine, belongs to a friend. The car has been 100% rotisseried. There is zero rust and any panel that had signed was 100% replaced, no patch panels or half panels. This car was restored the right way.

Number matching 318, auto, with AC. The simply needs to be finished putting back together. The K frame and the 8 3/4 diff have been 100% restored. The transmission and engine have also been completely redone.

The paint work he does is fantastic. His paint work has been wet sanded to a perfectly smooth finish. I call it very show worthy. Call Vince and he would be happy to tell you all about it and what steps are needed to complete the car.

The car is in Pittsburg.

The price is $40k

Please contact Vince
412-519-8180

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
70 Charger, 71 Cuda

Spikedog08

All the hard work is done . . . why sell now?   :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

71Cuda

I didn't get into why or if he "needs" the money but he did mention that he wants to fund a building construction project. I bought a car from him in the past and I will attest to the quality of his work. If you have ever seen a buddies work and were in awe....this is it for me.
70 Charger, 71 Cuda

anlauto

You should have bought it for your Hemi swap instead of using an original 340 Cuda.  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71Cuda

My Cuda was a roller, it didn't have a motor or trans. I wouldn't part out a numbers car like that. There are too many that are already non-matching to choose from.
70 Charger, 71 Cuda

anlauto

:clueless:  I understand the "matching number" mindset....

However a non-matching number BS23H1B is worth way more restored original then a number matching BH23G1B at the end of the day. :alan2cents:  Building a modified car makes more sense starting with a lesser valued car in my opinion....

I think this car will be great with a Hellcat swap too, which I'm sure is what will end up happening to it....

@Cuda Cody 's little mice are already spinning that wheel... :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

71Cuda

Chiquita is getting a Hellcat for sure. The motor is sitting next to her now and the new transmission. I'm waiting on the new K frame and Dana 60 to show up to start working on her.
70 Charger, 71 Cuda

RzeroB

Interesting ... is it FY1 or GY3?? I'm guessing FY1??
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

71Cuda

Give Vince a call or text, he's a great guy and easy to talk to. If I find out for sure I'll post it here too

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

71Cuda

Vince said it's GY3

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on March 21, 2018, 10:28:56 AM
However a non-matching number BS23H1B is worth way more restored original then a number matching BH23G1B at the end of the day. :alan2cents:  Building a modified car makes more sense starting with a lesser valued car in my opinion....

And a BS23H1B with a Hellcat engine is worth way more than a numbers matching car.  At the end of the day, it's @71Cuda's car and he should do whatever he wants with it.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Quote from: 303 Mopar on March 22, 2018, 05:08:14 AM

And a BS23H1B with a Hellcat engine is worth way more than a numbers matching car.  At the end of the day, it's @71Cuda's car and he should do whatever he wants with it.  :alan2cents:

I seriously doubt that :stop:

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on March 22, 2018, 06:00:37 AM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on March 22, 2018, 05:08:14 AM

I seriously doubt that :stop:

How much do you think a numbers 340 '71 Cuda is worth?  $50-60k?  https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1971-Plymouth-Cuda-340?vin=BS23H1B205325

Sorry, but you put a Hellcat engine in '71 Cuda and it is currently worth more. 

kathyscuda

who comes up with,
WHAT ITS WORTH

71Cuda

Folks, thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with me about my car and the Hellcat.

If we can help me spread the word about Vince's 71 Barracuda and let's find it a new home. I promise you the man does impressive work and the new owner will essentially have a brand new 1971 car. Vince is methodical and passionate about his cars. He built each of them to keep and he poured in the extra love and attention that a passionate owner would. Things change in life and he wants to sell the car to help with another non-car project.

If you know of anyone looking for such a car, please share. When I can get even more pictures I will post them.

If you have any questions about the car, you can call or text Vince 412-519-8180
70 Charger, 71 Cuda