Main Menu

1971 Barracuda

Started by 71Cuda, March 21, 2018, 09:44:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

69CudaFan

We should keep this on topic for sure.  At the end of the day it is a hobby that is meant to be enjoyable.  Perhaps a moderator will clean up this thread and keep it about the original car.

cuda hunter

That Gy3 looks awesome!

if you get a picture of the fender tag and options post it up.  Fender tag always help the sale. 

Is there a build sheet?

Any other original dealer paperwork? 

Does he have a complete kit for the car?  All the parts? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Shane Kelley

Quote from: 303 Mopar on March 22, 2018, 06:20:09 AM
Quote from: anlauto on March 22, 2018, 06:00:37 AM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on March 22, 2018, 05:08:14 AM
Quote from: anlauto on March 21, 2018, 10:28:56 AM
:clueless:  I understand the "matching number" mindset....
However a non-matching number BS23H1B is worth way more restored original then a number matching BH23G1B at the end of the day. :alan2cents:  Building a modified car makes more sense starting with a lesser valued car in my opinion....

And a BS23H1B with a Hellcat engine is worth way more than a numbers matching car.  At the end of the day, it's @71Cuda's car and he should do whatever he wants with it.  :alan2cents:

I seriously doubt that :stop:

How much do you think a numbers 340 '71 Cuda is worth?  $50-60k?  https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1971-Plymouth-Cuda-340?vin=BS23H1B205325

Sorry, but you put a Hellcat engine in '71 Cuda and it is currently worth more.
If I may give my opinion.  Both of you make very good points and it would really come down to the type of buyer. Since I have the very car your talking about and even considered doing the swap when the Hellcrate came out. After really thinking it over I think if it's a non matching numbers car the Hellcrate would bring more money at auction. I watch all the auctions and the trend is the restomods are bringing stronger money that originals pretty much across the board. Obviously we are not talking Hemi or 6 pack cars here. Now since mine is a matching number 4 speed car I believe that is not the way to go for me. Not to mention I love playing with 340's!

No one can say what the future holds when all the original stuff has dried up. At some point people just won't drive them anymore because of the rarity. IMO  So if they are just basically show cars will the all original shoot past the restomods? Will people be more interested in how they came from the factory and listen to how they sound? Only time will tell.

I have pondered this question to myself. What is the value difference in a 71 true Cuda restomod and a 71 Barracuda cloned with all the Cuda stuff and built identical in every single aspect. Only difference being VIN. I suspect the Cuda will prevail and that's just based on my personal thoughts. If I'm spending big bucks on a one of those cars I want a real Cuda.  So if that's the case do you spend all the time and money on a Barracuda?  :thinking:

303 Mopar

Quote from: 69CudaFan on March 22, 2018, 07:59:56 AM
We should keep this on topic for sure.  At the end of the day it is a hobby that is meant to be enjoyable.  Perhaps a moderator will clean up this thread and keep it about the original car.
Quote from: Shane Kelley on March 22, 2018, 08:48:00 AM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on March 22, 2018, 06:20:09 AM
Quote from: anlauto on March 22, 2018, 06:00:37 AM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on March 22, 2018, 05:08:14 AM
Quote from: anlauto on March 21, 2018, 10:28:56 AM
:clueless:  I understand the "matching number" mindset....
However a non-matching number BS23H1B is worth way more restored original then a number matching BH23G1B at the end of the day. :alan2cents:  Building a modified car makes more sense starting with a lesser valued car in my opinion....

And a BS23H1B with a Hellcat engine is worth way more than a numbers matching car.  At the end of the day, it's @71Cuda's car and he should do whatever he wants with it.  :alan2cents:

I seriously doubt that :stop:

How much do you think a numbers 340 '71 Cuda is worth?  $50-60k?  https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1971-Plymouth-Cuda-340?vin=BS23H1B205325

Sorry, but you put a Hellcat engine in '71 Cuda and it is currently worth more.
If I may give my opinion.  Both of you make very good points and it would really come down to the type of buyer. Since I have the very car your talking about and even considered doing the swap when the Hellcrate came out. After really thinking it over I think if it's a non matching numbers car the Hellcrate would bring more money at auction. I watch all the auctions and the trend is the restomods are bringing stronger money that originals pretty much across the board. Obviously we are not talking Hemi or 6 pack cars here. Now since mine is a matching number 4 speed car I believe that is not the way to go for me. Not to mention I love playing with 340's!

No one can say what the future holds when all the original stuff has dried up. At some point people just won't drive them anymore because of the rarity. IMO  So if they are just basically show cars will the all original shoot past the restomods? Will people be more interested in how they came from the factory and listen to how they sound? Only time will tell.

I have pondered this question to myself. What is the value difference in a 71 true Cuda restomod and a 71 Barracuda cloned with all the Cuda stuff and built identical in every single aspect. Only difference being VIN. I suspect the Cuda will prevail and that's just based on my personal thoughts. If I'm spending big bucks on a one of those cars I want a real Cuda.  So if that's the case do you spend all the time and money on a Barracuda?  :thinking:

I started a new thread to redirect this conversation - https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion-roseville-moparts/2/numbers-matching-vs-non-numbers-vs-gen-iii-swap-now-and-in-future/6092/msg85603#msg85603

HP_Cuda

Heck I would have bit on this deal but I already had a yellow BS Cuda.

:ohyeah:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200