Main Menu

1971 Cuda Hemi Convertible Export

Started by LoStHeMi, March 21, 2021, 09:07:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I guess Tom wants to pass it along ? Any guesses at a price?

My first guess is "no sale - did not meet reserve"  :console:
My second guess in $3.5 mil :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

chris NOS

i 'll buy it to bring it back to France !!!!....unfortunately just kidding  :'(

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on March 21, 2021, 10:13:08 AM
I know at least one went for that kind of money, but how many stupid people with that much money exist?  :dunno:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on March 21, 2021, 10:56:05 AM
I know at least one went for that kind of money, but how many stupid people with that much money exist?  :dunno:

I'm sure you'd be surprised... :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RzeroB

At these auctions there is a lot of "smoke and mirrors" with these top-tier cars. If they are actually to be sold, deals are usually made in advance. Typically top-tier cars are there for the hype and to draw interest in the auction itself. Tom is a savvy wheeler and dealer and I would be greatly surprised if he actually sold it. Then again, if some ridiculously rich oil sheik offered him stupid money for it I don't think Tom would look that gift horse in the mouth too long. Ultimately, I think it's there to hype the auction, and/or to facilitate Tom selling one of his other cars, and it will be a no-sale no matter what it bids up to. :alan2cents:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on March 21, 2021, 11:29:55 AM
Quote from: dodj on March 21, 2021, 10:56:05 AM

I'm sure you'd be surprised... :looney:
:haha:
I probably would be.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

I restored a six pack car for Kevin Suydam who is the guy that sold his blue 71 Hemicuda rag for $3.5 mill....In our conversation he once told me he had zero intentions of selling it, he was asked to list it just to hype up the auction as suggested, but when the number kept getting higher, he got caught up in the hype and sold it regrettably.  :dunno:

gzig5

Looks like it has a crease or a scratch down the RH billboard in front of the wheel well.  :bricks: 

6bblgt

Quote from: anlauto on March 21, 2021, 01:38:27 PM
I restored a six pack car for Kevin Suydam who is the guy that sold his blue 71 Hemicuda rag for $3.5 mill....In our conversation he once told me he had zero intentions of selling it, he was asked to list it just to hype up the auction as suggested, but when the number kept getting higher, he got caught up in the hype and sold it regrettably.  :dunno:

initial bidding ended at ~$1.7M (about what "people" thought its worth was at the time) Reserve Not Met ...... MECUM kept the pressure on & the high bidder continued to raise the bid until the "not for sale RESERVE $$$" was met at $3.5M  ......  KS wasn't caught up in the hype, the car was under contract - as was a L88 Corvette of KS's that ended up "reserve not met" (the 2 most valuable cars at the auction)

1971 HEMI 'cuda convertibles doubled in perceived value on that day  :o

anlauto

Yea, that's not how I remember the story, but I admit, it's been a few years since I spoke with Kevin. :drinkingbud:

6bblgt

MoparCarGuy

Quote from: gzig5 on March 21, 2021, 02:44:52 PM
Looks like it has a crease or a scratch down the RH billboard in front of the wheel well.  :bricks:

Yes, that is a serious scuff of the vinyl.

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: WTF do you expect for your $5M?
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: MoparCarGuy on March 21, 2021, 09:55:41 PM
Quote from: gzig5 on March 21, 2021, 02:44:52 PM

Yes, that is a serious scuff of the vinyl.

This car has been restored once already, right ? Why not replace the billboard stripe ? I take it is not the original one :thinking:

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read in the ad that the billboards were ADDED anyways... :bigthumb: