Main Menu

1971 Hemi Cuda Convertible

Started by LoStHeMi, June 01, 2023, 02:36:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Not something you usually see on eBay of all places, but I guess they don't come up for sale all that often.....I'm sure The Brother's will buy it  ::)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

The Brothers already have a white 71 hemi cuda convertible.  Were there 2 white ones?
One of the 2 French Export ones was white.

70_440-6Cuda

Cant say I love the whhite, but cool car nonetheless.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

Mr Cuda

I'm going to buy it and swap to 4spd, rallye dash,  and 15"rallye wheels.
Oh wait, 2.7 million!!
Guess I'm stuck with what I have.

Moparmade

cuda hunter

Anyone have pictures of the numbers on this car?
Or the fender tag?

This is BS27R1B126869 .

Interesting tidbit about the Unique font stampings         and         hand stampings .
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Culvers

Cuda_mark

Probably not enough in my PayPal account to cover this one.

mrwfp

There were 3 white ones.  BS27R1B126869 was made for U.S.  BS27R1B296563 and BS27R1B409004 were exported to France.
1970 Plymouth 'Cuda 426 hemi (InViolet)
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat (Go Mango)
1995 Dodge Caravan
2019 Dodge Durango

JH27N0B

I know a white one came over from France.  My recollection was it along with Tom Lembecks Winchester gray one were located there in the mid 90s and purchased and shipped to the US. The white one was supposedly the last hemi cuda convertible built.
It may also have ended up owned by a well known collector in UK for awhile.
I was looking at a video of the Brothers collection yesterday, and the guy making the video showed a white 71 hemi convertible on display and stated it was the first 71 hemi cuda convertible made.  Was he mistaken, do they have the surviving white French hemi cuda convertible?
The other French one I heard had been destroyed.  I saw pictures of it some years back "restored" at a show in Canada, story being all that remained was the #s block or something and the "restoration" was created around that block.
I know the hemi cuda convertibles still existing have been pretty well documented, but I haven't saved any of that documentation when I've seen it posted.  I've seen most of the ones still around displayed at MCACN though!

6bblgt

the white one (US spec) on ebay is the first '71 hemi'cuda convertible

the other white one (EXPORT spec) has 0% of the original car in it

the white one (EXPORT spec) in the Brother's collection was in France & is the last '71 hemi'cuda convertible

198D13

The MMC Detroit sheet, the last picture shown in the eBay listing says the car has rallye gauges, it does not. A ridiculous oversight on their part, really unforgiveable in my opinion, considering MMC's reputation, and what this car is.  Also, the rear seatbelts are NOT correct. No mention of that either.

mccannix

While we're at it ...the wrong primary cassette knob on a 3 million dollar car is rather unacceptable IMHO.
And...the Cassette microphone is the later year style, should be the straight cord

6bblgt

many of the highest $$$-figure cars in our "HOBBY" would get humiliated in an "OE Gold" type judging exercise   :thinking:   they are not maintained/restored/presented with that "mindset"