Main Menu

1971 Dodge Challenger 225 Slant Six SOLD

Started by bluemp301, July 02, 2021, 11:26:33 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mopsquad

E-Bay will get the car noticed.  Often the bidding won't hit the mark even if the asking price is fair (which I think it is).  Hopefully, the word is getting out for your dad's slant six.

bluemp301

Thanks Mopsquad! Yeah I figured Ebay would've gotten a little more action than it did even if it never met the reserve. I've had a couple people message me since the auction but nothing serious. That's why I also put it here. I figured a fellow mopar enthusiast might have some interest in owning something a little different!

It's just a matter of the right person seeing it listed!

DeathProofCuda

Yeah, I don't know about $35K for that car.  It looks like a nice 50 footer, but that pic of the trunk indicates some pretty shoddy work by the previous owner(s).  I may be wrong, but I'd guess that finding the "right" buyer may take awhile. 

anlauto

The car looks fantastic otherwise, but I agree, that trunk floor is ugly  :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

DeathProofCuda

What happened with the shock access plugs?

bluemp301

If the trunk repair is subpar, I get it. I don't know anything about metal work/repair. It never really bothered my dad as he didn't really use the trunk. He just enjoyed cruising the car. If it is that bothersome it could always be replaced or be covered with a trunk mat.

At the end of the day it's still a nice driver and not a six figure concourse show car.

anlauto

I was just looking for reasons why it might not have sold on eBay, I think it's a great looking car for cruising just like you said, and I don't think $35K is too far out of line, I could see high $20's low $30's  :alan2cents:

Just get it out there, the right buyer will come along  :cheers:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

bluemp301

I agree and think that's a fair assessment anlauto! The asking price is just a starting point.

bluemp301

Bump for new asking price of 30k.

Mopsquad

This car has to sell.  I love it! 

Hopefully to someone who will keep the / 6.

bluemp301

Thanks Mopsquad!

I'm sure it will. My parents are in the process of moving/building a new house so there hasn't been a lot of time spent trying to sell the car. I just recently listed it back on the marketplace.

SFEBODY

Cool car, and while not a Mopar color it is beautiful.   If you look at my slan6/440 restoration blog on ebodies only, that car was purchased to 18K in 2017. Was very similar to your car inas the trunk was the only thing I could see when purchased. But as we all know once the car is stripped of all paint, the 50 years of life take it's toll on the metal.  So, not trying to be critical, but i would say my budget would be  20K max if I was in the market.

Good luck and hang in there, someone will surprise you.