Main Menu

1973/1970 Dodge Challenger Resto-mod/Pro Touring project/Parts lot Sold!!! Sold!

Started by DrEamer, March 06, 2023, 07:34:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DrEamer

Car is sold, thanks for the interest.

If you are the type of person who is looking for a numbers matching car with correct build sheet and fender tags, then stop reading now. It will only hurt your feelings.
This car started life as a 1973 base Challenger with a 318 and Slapstick automatic. I bought it as a shell and have put a lot of effort into it, but time and lack of talent is not in my favor of getting it done soon. So, with that, I am putting it up for sale. I have converted it to a 1970 clone with the correct front fenders, rear marker lights, rear tail light panel and grill. The hood is a new AMD R/T-Ralley all painted in House of Kolor Pavo Purple. All the paint and bodywork was done professionally by Charlie's Custom Colors. The engine is a Magnum based 408 stroker that is built and unfired. I was setting the car up to run Holley EFI. It will need to be assembled as the pictures show, but will be a great project for the right person, or part out what you do not want. I am not parting this out.  CAR HAS A CLEAN TITLE IN MY NAME.  Breakdown of everything below.
Engine:
408 Stroker with:
Block is decked, bored and finish honed with plates
Trick flow aluminum heads
Scat cast crank and rods (Internal balance)
ICON forged pistons/ 10.25 to compression
Kevco deep oil pan
Custom grind Howards hydraulic roller camshaft
PWR roller rocker arms
ARP main bolt, rod and head studs
Summit Racing plug wires
Holley Sniper distributor
Holley Sniper Coil
Milodon high volume water pump
Melling oil pump
CVF Racing Serpentine belt pulleys with A/C compressor, and power steering pump, plus Powermaster 235 amp one wire alternator.
TTI step headers
Cold Case 26 inch radiator

Transmission:
RH518 overdrive rebuilt with extra clutches by Keiser Transmission
Edge Racing Converter that is a custom stall, billet faced unit
Custom Fontana rear transmission mount/crossmember
Front suspension:
QA1 tubular K member
QA1 tubular lower control arms
QA1 strut bars
SPC adjustable upper control arms
Pro Forged  heavy duty inner/outer tie rod ends, adjusting sleeves, idler arms
Borgeson Steering box
Hotchkis lowering torsion bars

REAR Suspension:
Currently on new ESPO springs, and Doctor Diff offset spring hangers
Included is a QA1/Gerst 4 link coilover conversion kit with double adjustable shock and rear sway bar.
Rear housing is a B Body Mopar 8 3/4 with new Doctor Diff axles, new Richmond 3.73 gears, bearings. The limited slip is a low mileage Mopar cone style Sure Grip unit.

BRAKES:
Front: Up sized to the bigger Mopar 12 inch rotors, and has remanufactured calipers.
Rear: Doctor Diff disk brake conversion. Both front and rear rotors are cross drilled and slotted
New Stainless steel lines
New Mopar master cylinder
Remanufactured power brake booster
New Doctor Diff proportioning valve

FUEL SYSTEM:
New Holley stock replacement gas tank
New Holley in tank Muscle Car returnless fuel pump
New stainless fuel lines
WIRING:
New American Autowire classic upgrade harness
INTERIOR:
Two dash frames, one from 1973, the other from a 1970, will need new dash pad, and gauge/instrument cluster.
Seats from 1972 Challenger, I have new foam for. Also have the seat tracks
Rear seat frame
New custom Front/Rear seat covers from Legendary Interiors
New head liner from  Legendary
Includes all the door, rear seat area, seat back, and kick panels, but you will probably want new or better ones.
EXTERIOR:
As noted above plus,
New rear Go Wing
New front OER Headlight bezels
New hood, and trunk OER trim
New OER wheel lip trim (Not installed)
Bumpers painted to match
Includes rear tail light trim and marker lights, but will need to be reworked, or replaced on what you want. 
New Legendary vinyl top
New Billet Specialties Super Sport wheels. Fronts are 17x8, rears are 18x10 (Cost $1000 each)
Very nice original front grill
New AMD Front/Rear bumper mounting brackets

REINFORCED AREAS:
Hotchkis subframe connectors (Not installed yet)
US Car Tool Lower radiator support
XV Racing Inner fender supports

EXTRA PARTS: (Most pictured below)
2 parts grills
Extra dash frame
Standard gauge cluster
Full box of door parts including window regulators
Sets of 1972-1974 tail light
Factory interior wiring harness
Factory 1970 and 1973 bumper mounts
1973 front/rear bumpers
Set of door shells
Flat hood
Trunk lid
Extras:
California car cover
Auto Twirler car dolly

Maybe other things I cannot think of now, but pictured, or just ask.

WHAT IT STILL NEEDS not listed above
Dash pad
Front sway bar and shocks
Front frame rail repair welded in
Driveline set up for 1350 u-joints
Front windshield, Rear back window
Holley Sniper or Terminator X Stealth unit, or go with a carb.
Exhaust system
Everything else is up to you!!

TERMS:
I will not part this out at this time.  If there is a couple buyers who would buy everything in combination, then I would consider it.  Payment must be in full, I will not take payments, or hold it for you. I will work with you on final details for the money, and pick up of the Challenger. My price is not set in stone, but I have to start somewhere. When others are asking as much as 15-20k for E body shells that are rust buckets, I don't know that I am really out of line considering all the extra parts.

Is  located in Albany, OR

Price is $29,500 USD

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

DrEamer

Quote from: anlauto on March 06, 2023, 07:54:10 PM
Did you mention your asking price ? :rubeyes:

Sorry, I copy and pasted, and did not get it all. Anyway, fixed it. Thanks for the heads up.  :)

$29,500 USD so you do not have to look again.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

I am saddened that you are selling , I would rather fly up & help you finish it actually .
I would love to buy it also but I have no place here to keep it safe & work on it .
Awesome color !

Jocigar

I was wondering/feeling the same thing, but didn't want to offend... you never know ones personal reasons.   Its almost there with everything remaining lined up, certainly miles ahead of my project.    This passion certainly takes its time toll when you're already busy with life.  sometimes I feel like I should have my head checked  :brainiac:   

DrEamer

Quote from: Jocigar on March 08, 2023, 06:29:44 AM
I was wondering/feeling the same thing, but didn't want to offend... you never know ones personal reasons.   Its almost there with everything remaining lined up, certainly miles ahead of my project.    This passion certainly takes its time toll when you're already busy with life.  sometimes I feel like I should have my head checked  :brainiac:

No offence taken, not even a little bit. The sale is personal in some ways, but more a realization about myself and what is important to me now. My wife has the car bug now, and we enjoy automotive events. During the summer we are going almost every weekend to one. I have figured out I enjoy driving my car more then a long term build. So, my plan is to get a running driving car that I can do small improvements at a time. That way I can still drive it to events with my wife, but enjoy little build projects when time allows.