Main Menu

1971 DODGE CHALLENGER CONVERTIBLE PROJECT CAR

Started by MasonDaniel7, March 19, 2020, 12:22:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cbuczesk

Wasn't that on Facebook a few days ago for $12500 or $14500?

Chuck

Jocigar

Seems cheap, I've seen cuda shells on a pallet go for 25k ??  :dunno:

anlauto

Quote from: Jocigar on March 19, 2020, 06:10:17 AM

Seems cheap, I've seen cuda shells on a pallet go for 25k ??  :dunno:

Cuda and Challenger convertibles are apples and oranges when it comes to projects. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6pack

The VIN is pictured.  Not an RT so probably not a pace car.  Is the VIN close to the straight run of the real pace cars?

71vert340

No R/T convertibles in 1971. Pace cars, I believe, were JH .
Terry

RUNCHARGER

That would be a fun car to build. Price is probably in the ballpark I would guess.
Sheldon

71vert340

After looking at all the pictures closely on my large computer screen, there is not a single panel not showing rust except the trunk lid and I'd bet the underside bracing on it is rusted through. Tough to justify the repair costs on that one.
Terry.

ratroaster

Parts car unless you are very handy and love sticking money into cars you could buy cheaper already done.... :alan2cents:

cuda hunter

Came from the same place as this one.

Definitely looks like a parts car.  If it was listed for 14K then that makes sense. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

Quote from: 71vert340 on March 19, 2020, 04:05:51 PM
No R/T convertibles in 1971. Pace cars, I believe, were JH .
Terry
:iagree: The 383 was the largest engine for the challenger convertible in 1971.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Quote from: JS29 on March 20, 2020, 06:18:28 AM
:iagree: The 383 was the largest engine for the challenger convertible in 1971.  :alan2cents:

I always thought that was weird because 1971 was the pinnacle year for the Cuda convertible, with the 1971 HEMICUDA being the most valuable Mopar around..
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Flatdad

Quote from: ratroaster on March 19, 2020, 05:56:37 PM
Parts car unless you are very handy and love sticking money into cars you could buy cheaper already done.... :alan2cents:

Hey! I represent that remark... well maybe not the 'very handy' part, lol

Ricomondo

Quote from: 6pack on March 19, 2020, 04:01:16 PM
The VIN is pictured.  Not an RT so probably not a pace car.  Is the VIN close to the straight run of the real pace cars?

Saw the VIN posted in another place, it's not on the list of 50 pace car replicas.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

GrandpaKevin

I've noticed the seller has advertised quite a number of Mopar project cars over the last few months including the 1970 M46 Barracuda discussed here and the 1970 Gomango R/T Challenger a member is currently restoring in the restoration section here.
Wonder if the seller is a member here?

Most of the projects are pretty rusty and need lots of love....