Main Menu

1971 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible All original

Started by MasonDaniel7, February 27, 2021, 11:31:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Once again, we are proudly present and offer the most beautiful, un-touched
All original one of the kind, this 1971 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible.
This rust free MOPAR with some exceptions to mild surface oxidizations has
never seen body nor, any torch work. . . Still wearing all original panels, all the way around . . .

In Autumn of 1970, a group of St. Louis Shriners placed the exclusive order for three Butter-Scotch, with white top convertible Barracuda with A/C and Automatic column shift transmission for their 1971 Children Hospital's Parade.

The original Shriner's order, the actual build sheet and, the original bill of sale are available
and included with this offer.

This offered Barracuda IS one of the three with the VIN:  'BH27G1B249383'

The strong more than enough power for today's silly traffic and smooth running 318 motor is complimented with the three speed column shift matching number automatic transmission.

All the controls and gauges work properly including the original AM radio as well as the brand new power white convertible.

The bumper Jack, space saver spare, and the manual are all with the car.

This is a perfect undisturbed vehicle in all original condition. The engine and transmission are all running perfectly ! !
This Barracuda has been maintained and serviced at Restoration by Julius for past 25 years of ownership.
Julius can address and/or answer any questions and/or concerns,,
This is NOT a project where anybody can start with a pile of junk or a rust bucket spending years and years of cutting
metal and torching and, and......
The vehicle has been visited & inspected by some of the most MOPAR experts and enthusiasms with a lot of compliments.

There are no disappointments here

Please have all financials situated and, squared away place and, If you do not intend to       
     complete the final purchase then please do not bother nor place any BID/s.
      This beautiful classic is being sold "AS IS", and, "WHERE IS".

The winning bidder is responsible for all Shipping & Handling fees including the legally
       thieving fees/ at your home State or County.
       Local assistant will be available upon request.
       FREE SHIPPING WITHIN 100 MILES of 92651 ZIP CODE.

A $2,000.00 "NONE-REFUNDABLE" PAY-PAL deposit shall be place within 48 hours of the     
       AUCTION end.
       The balance/full payment shall follow up within 7 calendar days via Bank Wire Transfer . . .

Here are a few U-TUBE videos, highlighting all details, in/s and out/s of this classic beauty

https://youtu.be/8YcBSEtusoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsNGefDQK8c

https://youtu.be/7Dy3TcMaK48

https://youtu.be/N83H3iy5lvw

Happy Bidding

Year:   1971   VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):   BH27G1B249383
Mileage:   63320   Engine:   318
Power Options:   --, Air Conditioning, Power Convertible   Model:   
Barracuda
Transmission:   Automatic   Interior Color:   Beige
Fuel Type:   Gasoline   For Sale By:   Private Seller
Exterior Color:   Butter Scotch   Make:   Plymouth
Vehicle Title:   Clean   Drive Type:   --
Body Type:   Convertible   Options:   --, Convertible
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

I really like this car too...seems to change hands a lot...I wonder what it will sell for now  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

D0 you remember what it sold for on the last run around?

worthywads

So a 2 scoops hood with Barracuda instead of engine size was available with the 318? 

Cuda_mark

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JEJJ

"Yes the hood was available on 318 Barracudas" correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding was that the dual scoop hood was offered staring in 1972-1974 where you could buy a 318 Barracuda with the "Cuda" package (no longer big blocks starting in 1972)and there were no hood callouts for the 318, just the sport hood.
In 1970 and 1971 the dual scoop hood was only available on the 'Cuda performance models. (along with the optional shaker hoods and fiberglass hood for the AAR's)

Skdmark

Quote from: JEJJ on March 02, 2021, 09:36:44 AM
"Yes the hood was available on 318 Barracudas" correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding was that the dual scoop hood was offered staring in 1972-1974 where you could buy a 318 Barracuda with the "Cuda" package (no longer big blocks starting in 1972)and there were no hood callouts for the 318, just the sport hood.
In 1970 and 1971 the dual scoop hood was only available on the 'Cuda performance models. (along with the optional shaker hoods and fiberglass hood for the AAR's)

AAR hood only for AAR.
J54 performance hood was optionally available on Barracudas and Gran coupes
Shaker hood optionally available for Cuda (std with Hemi, N/A with AC)
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

RzeroB

Interesting. Must of came through Glendale Plymouth here in St Lou ... the same dealership that ordered the "Blue Note Special" (St Louis Blues) special edition Barracudas the year before.

I wonder if we keep seeing the same car ... or since there were three of them ... maybe a different one each time we see one for sale??
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

JunkYardFind

Butterscotch??? LOL! If I got it I would just ruin it by painting it gray or black with matte billboard or AAR stripe. Of course gut the interior to also gray and black. Probably take the motor out too. Just sayin' !

www.JunkYardFind.com What's In YOUR Garage ?

cudaize

"I wonder if we keep seeing the same car ... or since there were three of them ... maybe a different one each time we see one for sale??"

I'm pretty sure this has been the same one offered for sale by the same owner/dealer over the past 5 years or so.  It always has the same pictures listed with it.