Main Menu

1971 Plymouth Barracuda

Started by EBODYBEAR, April 20, 2020, 11:39:33 AM

Previous topic Next topic

EBODYBEAR

What do you guys think about this car? Im thinking about purchasing it, just want someone's opinion on it. Thanks.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1495308423

anlauto

I saw that listed as well. It seems like a decent price for a 71 project, but it's really hard to tell what you're buying as far as quality of the repair work that has already been done. If you've never taken on a project of this magnitude it could become a little daunting with missing or incorrect parts etc...etc...etc...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

...........also Welcome to the best E Body website in the WORLD ! :welcome:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

If the $18k is CDN and the body work doesn't have to be redone it is a good deal IMO. I wouldn't buy it without looking at it carefully in person. I expect it had quarter skins put on it, if it was full quarters, much better IMO.
Sheldon

JS29

Welcome @EBODYBEAR Ya what sheldon said was correct. Look closely at the under side!  :cheers:

70 Challenger Lover

It is very hard to acquire a 71 Barracuda for less money. The only sucky think is it's probably missing a ton of stuff which can get pricey to replace but if it is rust free and straight, I don't see better deals very often.

71vert340

Is it just the shadows making the body line on the left rear quarter different along its length? Hard for me to tell. Hopefully, most of the parts are there.
Terry

JS29

:iagree:It looks like the front as well as the rear wonders and flattens out! has to be seen in person. @EBODYBEAR  find out the VIN, if a Fender tag and build sheet exists. does it have front sheet metal. If the VIN tag, vent cowl, rad support and door sticker are present and match.  :bigthumb: 

EBODYBEAR

Thanks everyone for your help!

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama  :wave:

nsmall

Quote from: anlauto on April 20, 2020, 12:02:07 PM
If you've never taken on a project of this magnitude it could become a little daunting with missing or incorrect parts etc...etc...etc...

Looks like its missing and/or needs a TON of new parts and that is going to cost a fortune.  71's are hard to find for a fair price so you might be onto something. 

CudaMoparRay

:welcome: From Riverside California