Main Menu

4spd Lemon Twist AAR.. Mecum Harrisburg

Started by LoStHeMi, June 30, 2022, 05:27:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

autoxcuda

Quote from: MONC on July 05, 2022, 03:44:59 PM
Found the issue of Mopar Muscle it was featured in. 
So it was restored 22 years ago mostly by one guy in his garage- Kudos to him !
To the tune of $16K no less! - Sure it was 22 years ago, but even adjusting for inflation, it's only about $27K.

Makes you wonder how $300K was spent on the green one, as Alan had stated.

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

That Musclecar Restoration's place is in love with itself. But hey, next owner does not have to pay the $300K resto plus initial price.

At the end of the day, the car stands on it own. Doesn't matter who restored it, how much the resto cost, ownership storytales/drama/etc.

The Yellow AAR owner put a tons of hours into it (probably more than the green one), learned new skills, had previous skills, utilized a network of knowledgeable clubmembers, etc. Key takeaway: Resourcefulness.

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

anlauto

The green AAR $300K restoration was done in 2008...14 years ago....what's the inflation on that ...LOL  :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

autoxcuda

Quote from: anlauto on July 05, 2022, 05:41:38 PM
The $300K restoration was done in 2008...14 years ago....what's the inflation on that ...LOL  :bigmoney:

That AAR was done in 1995. That's 27 years ago !
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

anlauto

Quote from: autoxcuda on July 05, 2022, 06:43:26 PM
Quote from: anlauto on July 05, 2022, 05:41:38 PM
The $300K restoration was done in 2008...14 years ago....what's the inflation on that ...LOL  :bigmoney:

That AAR was done in 1995. That's 27 years ago !

I was referring to the green car in the other thread...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration