Main Menu

'70 Cuda 440-6 - Russo and Steele Auction No Reserve

Started by 303 Mopar, January 19, 2017, 07:33:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

If I could pick any E-Body it would be one just like this one.  '70 Cuda, 440-6 bbl, 4-speed no console, In Violet with black vinyl roof and black interior.  Any one know of this car?  It's going across the block at Russo and Steele with No Reserve....

https://russoandsteele.com/vehicle-details/?show_vehicle=167630&current_index=55&auction_pk=192&page=featured

Cuda Cody

I don't get it?  Why Russo & Steele with no reserve?  A car like that goes to R&S so it can be protected with a reserve.  If you're going to roll the dice with no reserve, why not go to BJ and get the deep pocket huge crowd? 

Since it's no reserve, we know it's going to a new home.  Any guesses on what it will sell for?

anlauto

There is so much wrong with that car. If it goes higher than $45K I'll be surprised. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

I'll take the over and that one if it's a real V-Code.  Do we have any eyes down at Russo?  Can someone find out if it's a real 440+6?

I think it's going north of $45 pretty easy if it is a real six pack Cuda.  Yes, got somethings wrong and normally I don't try to pick peoples cars apart because they are free to do anything they want, but this one is up for sale at an auction so lets help people see what could have been done a little better.  The Steering wheel, Shaker Bubble, Cowl blackout, Cheap Dash pad without script, pedal covers, battery, hose clamps, and looks like a 19" radiator?  Could you get a 19" radiator with a 4 speed in a 400+6?  We might be looking at a clone?   :notsure:

303 Mopar

The web site only states that "decodes exactly as you see it finished in Plum Crazy and loaded with all of the correct options. "  So assuming it is a V code '70 Cuda, I'll guess $58k.

Cuda Cody

303 Mopar

Cuda Cody

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 19, 2017, 11:04:51 AM
When's it going across the block?

Saturday 6:04PM-6:24PM  (assuming that is Mountain time since it is in Scottsdale)

anlauto

Pedals tell me the four speed was added....At auction, I'll agree it may sell for more then it's worth :woohoo:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HP_Cuda

Watched Barret Jackson last nite and saw a 1970 Curious Yellow 440 Cuda with shaker go across for 36k. Alas I don't know if it was a clone but I was kinda surprised.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

We were talking about that in another tread.  Looked like a super deal, but it's hard to tell if you're not there to see it with your own eyes.  WISH we had someone at one of the auctions that could be our eyes!!!   :takealook:

Quote from: HP_Cuda on January 19, 2017, 02:50:14 PM

Watched Barret Jackson last nite and saw a 1970 Curious Yellow 440 Cuda with shaker go across for 36k. Alas I don't know if it was a clone but I was kinda surprised.

61K T/A

fc7cuda

Unfortunately their website has not published the results yet.  Allot slower than B-J so some reason.   :notsure:

Tom