Main Menu

'71 Hemi Cuda - Barrett Jackson No Reserve

Started by 303 Mopar, September 15, 2017, 07:13:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1971-PLYMOUTH-HEMI-CUDA-210466

No Reserve at BJ Las Vegas - Oct 19-21  VIN BS23R1B288866

Lot #751 - Only 107 of these HEMI 'Cudas were built in 1971, and of those 59 were equipped with 4-speed manual transmission. This matching-numbers example has been visually inspected by Galen Govier. The 29-page report, dated May 19, 2005, certifies that the car retains its original matching-numbers 426/425hp HEMI engine, 4-speed manual transmission with pistol-grip shifter, VIN Tag, Fender Tag and stamped body panels.

In the spring of 2005, a rotisserie restoration was completed on this muscle car. It's also equipped with 70-amp alternator, dual exhaust, chrome exhaust tips and hood pins. It's optioned with the Super Track Pack that includes front disc brakes, power brakes, 4.10 Dana 60 rear with Sure Grip differential, max cooling package with 7-blade fan, HEMI suspension and firm-ride shocks. The Rally instrument cluster features an oil-pressure gauge, clock, variable-speed wipers, wood-grain cluster, heater controls lamp as well as gauges for tachometer, temperature, amp and 150-mph speedometer. Finished in True Blue Metallic, the interior features high-grade black bucket seats, Music Master AM radio, wood-grain console and tinted glass.

Shane Kelley

That color don't look right. :thinking:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

I love that car!!!!   :inlove:  Color in the photo might be a little off and not sure why they did not use the full 5 photos they allow.  They clearly say in the directions to send a photo of the engine.  I'm going to guess $450k. 

HP_Cuda

The outcome will give us a good indication of where prices may be going.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

We need someone to put eyes on it and let us know the quality of the car.  Anyone going to BJ in Las Vegas?

RzeroB

Before the market down-turn that baby sold for $715K thru Russo and Steele in 2006 ...
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Mickm

I'm not but my best friend is planning on being there and I trust his opinion. I'll get him to look at it and let me know how it looks.

Cheers!
Mickm

benlavigne

I was just talking about this auction to the original owner of a 4-speed 71 Hemicuda tonight at a local cruise night... His has original paint, is FC7, has a lot of options, such as louvers, 8-track, etc... and has the best provenance, as it still is with the original owner! He even has the original Polyglas stashed in his basement! We were just thinking about how Mr. Jackson or Mr. Mecum would be thrilled to have this car at one of their auctions! But it is NOT for sale at any price (There have been some crazy offers already!) After 46 years, he says his kids will take care of selling it when he's gone!

Ben

RUNCHARGER

Whoa: I agree, it would be hard to top that one.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Any more photos?   :please:  That is super cool!

Quote from: benlavigne on September 15, 2017, 08:25:45 PM
I was just talking about this auction to the original owner of a 4-speed 71 Hemicuda tonight at a local cruise night... His has original paint, is FC7, has a lot of options, such as louvers, 8-track, etc... and has the best provenance, as it still is with the original owner! He even has the original Polyglas stashed in his basement! We were just thinking about how Mr. Jackson or Mr. Mecum would be thrilled to have this car at one of their auctions! But it is NOT for sale at any price (There have been some crazy offers already!) After 46 years, he says his kids will take care of selling it when he's gone!

Ben

benlavigne

I'll do a separate post not to pollute this one...

Ben

RzeroB

Yeah, that car is very interesting. Loaded with a lot of nice options. It may be the only original owner Hemi E-body still out there? It has a Challenger like "426 Hemi" on it's Shaker instead of the normal "hemi'cuda". Supposedly it came that way from the factory?
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

benlavigne

Quote from: RzeroB on September 17, 2017, 09:06:13 AM
Yeah, that car is very interesting. Loaded with a lot of nice options. It may be the only original owner Hemi E-body still out there? It has a Challenger like "426 Hemi" on it's Shaker instead of the normal "hemi'cuda". Supposedly it came that way from the factory?
That is what the original owner says, but it might have been changed early on, when those emblems were easily available at the parts counter... I asked the owner if he had some early pictures, but unfortunately, there are none that show more details.

Ben

1 Wild R/T

Rather than an emblem change I would think the bubble got swapped... Whether on the assembly line or at a later date... Who knows??