Main Menu

70 Cuda Roller - Scam?

Started by soundcontrol, January 24, 2020, 11:18:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudamike

has no technical damages at all   

I hate when they have technical damage. lol

B5fourspeed

When they serviced the car I guess they changed the oil on a engine that doesn't exist.

RUNCHARGER

I\m just happy it's been serviced. I expect to see 5 qts of oil and a new filter on the K-member when I pick the car up and pop the hood.
Sheldon

soundcontrol

Don't forget  "The interior is in virtually spotless condition. The seats are clean and not torn";)
Driver seat look OK though.

I just wonder who's car this is and how the pictures got on there.
I tried a Google picture search (looks for the same pictures on the internet) and I could not find the picture anywhere else, usually they steal pictures from some site.

6pack

When I was in the market for my Cuda, I have seen many scams.  One time it happened to have an address in Philadelphia that I was familiar with and new right off on that scam.  But think if they only get one or two a year they golden.  I have Chevelles too and when I seen the price on the Chevelle for cheap I new double sure it was a setup.  That is why a reputable dealer is a good way to buy from if it is a far away deal.  A local Craiglist deal can even go bad.  Usually, unless your buy from widows and orphans if it sounds too good to be true it is.

JS29

To quote judge Judy, If something dose not make scents it usually isn't true!   :yes:

soundcontrol

Well, now when I found that Cuda to be a scam, it started a Cuda project craving that I can't get rid of.
And I just missed a few good ones that got sold.
What do you guys think I should pay for this one?
I might make an offer.
Barn find Gran Coupé, 318, 904, AC, never tampered with, slightly wrecked driver side front, rusty lower quarters, rust in trunk floor, pretty OK floor except a hole in the driver side. What I can see it need AMD panels for around 5-6k to begin with. OK interior, cracked dash.

cuda hunter

fender tag?
build sheet?
original documentation?
Original color?
more pictures needed for a value assessment please. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

soundcontrol

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 16, 2020, 05:27:06 PM
fender tag?
build sheet?
original documentation?
Original color?
more pictures needed for a value assessment please.

Will get more pictures today if it dosen't get sold this afternoon. Some one else is looking at it today.

cuda hunter

9k If it has it's tag and runs.  And isn't a rot box.  Just my uninformed opinion.  I'd jump at that price today. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

soundcontrol

It runs, but it might be a bit too much rust for my taste right now. I also have to add 4-4,5k for shipping and taxes since I'm on the other side of the planet...
As I can see it every outside panel has to be changed, pretty OK floor and under the car.

The one I just missed had no rust at all. around 20k, shipped and taxes paid.

Then I saw this one in Modesto, CA:
https://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/d/waterford-1970-plymouth-barracuda/7060237362.html
I thought I saw this on on this forum with a phone number, but I can't find it, when I click the phone number button I get an error. (could be a region thing).
(EDIT: Canadian Title, very hard to ship out of the US, I checked, so I'm not pursuing that one).

Pictures of the Gran Coupé:

soundcontrol

A few more. It did not sell today.

anlauto

Love the interior and colour combo  :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HP_Cuda

Gee I wonder why it didn't sell.

Looks like this sucker might be out of Florida!!  :unbelievable:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

soundcontrol

Quote from: HP_Cuda on February 17, 2020, 12:22:11 PM

Gee I wonder why it didn't sell.

Looks like this sucker might be out of Florida!!  :unbelievable:

It's in Sweden now, the asking price in the ad is 24k, the owner spent around 4k in shipping and taxes etc.
I figure its worth around 13-15k as it sits now.
Owner asked me to make an offer, but I'm not sure if I wanna deal with all that rust.
If I disassemble and sandblast that thing it might reveal lots of other rust areas.