Main Menu

'70 Cuda V Code

Started by 303 Mopar, December 10, 2018, 06:24:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

6pack

Got it.  You make it so easy!

RUNCHARGER

750: Those are the repro rings that Classic and Wheel Vintiques sells. Totally wrong everywhere, the face is wrong, the colour of the metal is wrong and they are too flat on the inner curve going into the wheel. Here is a photo of true, Mopar rings.
Sheldon

750-h2

Runcharger, thanks for the info and pic.. Is there any better repro trim rings available?

RUNCHARGER

Not that I've seen. Some of the rings are relatively ok for GM's but nothing for Mopars. Mopar remade them about 20 years ago but I guess they didn't sell enough of them.
Sheldon

750-h2

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 11, 2018, 06:53:50 AM
Not that I've seen. Some of the rings are relatively ok for GM's but nothing for Mopars. Mopar remade them about 20 years ago but I guess they didn't sell enough of them.

The fact the repo rings didn't fit the diameter of the wheel didn't help sales much.... Typical Mopar repo parts....

js27

What is the correct finish ? I have seem some that are shiny and some that looked brushed.
JS27

WCC

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 10, 2018, 05:47:58 PM
750: Those are the repro rings that Classic and Wheel Vintiques sells. Totally wrong everywhere, the face is wrong, the colour of the metal is wrong and they are too flat on the inner curve going into the wheel. Here is a photo of true, Mopar rings.

Do you get any good repo ones these days? I have three originals and one repo and would to get a better replacement for the repo.

750-h2

Quote from: js27 on December 11, 2018, 11:37:43 AM
What is the correct finish ? I have seem some that are shiny and some that looked brushed.
JS27

1970 are polished, 1971 brushed.