Main Menu

70 v code cuda - not mine

Started by EBODYBEAR, May 26, 2022, 02:21:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

EBODYBEAR

"I’m considering sell my 1970 Cuda 440-6.  I have the motor (1968 HP), complete carbs and both are at the rebuild shop. I have everything for the except the Dana 60 ( I have a 8 3/4). Body is great and in black primer. $42,000 obo"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1537662559842992/permalink/3277772285832002/?sale_post_id=3277772285832002

Is that a replacement fendertag? or are my untrained eyes deceiving me?

YYZ

Your eyes aren't deceiving you - that tag is as fake as a $3 Toonie (or $3 bill for our American friends)

anlauto

Quote from: YYZ on May 26, 2022, 03:01:43 PM
Your eyes aren't deceiving you - that tag is as fake as a $3 Toonie (or $3 bill for our American friends)
:bricks:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Of course the ad has been pulled.  I bet it sold to someone who doesn't know.

I wonder if the car retains a build sheet?  I bet it doesn't. 
Would have liked to see the vin tag.  It might be an actual v0b car.   
Still worth a shiny penny ifn it is a V.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

6bblgt

dash pad & BS23V0B157100 vin tag ONLY sold on eBay 10/2012   :crazytalk:

Mr Cuda

Well, with data like an Ebay sale of vin tag to confirm,  we know everything is fake.
How did they do on creating a fender tag?

YYZ

The two immediate giveaways on the tag are:

1.  Poor spacing and alignment of the characters

2.  Codes are listed in alphabetical order once you're past the basic vehicle info. You'd never have J25 before A62, nor would A34 appear after and on a separate line.

cuda hunter

TX9 is wrong, should be V1X.  If a black vinyl top anyway. 

70 Challenger Lover

Before we knew this car to be a fraud, we reached out to the seller to learn more. He said the cowl and the radiator support had rust and have already been replaced. Now I see the real reason why those body numbers are gone.

57Fury440

I guess some people will do anything for money. I wouldn't be able to sleep if I sold that to someone. Whoever sold the dash and VIN tag is no angel either.

DeathProofCuda

Let's not help the scumbags out there get any better at making fakes  :slapme5:

anlauto

Other than that....looks like a solid shell to build....maybe a resto-mod or something ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

kdcarman

Quote from: anlauto on May 27, 2022, 05:42:55 AM
Other than that....looks like a solid shell to build....maybe a resto-mod or something ?

Expensive shell for a resto-mod.  This is sad.

anlauto

Quote from: kdcarman on May 27, 2022, 05:50:56 AM
Quote from: anlauto on May 27, 2022, 05:42:55 AM

Expensive shell for a resto-mod.  This is sad.

Okay, other than the tag issues and the high price.... :haha:
...but buy the time you buy a rusty shell and do all the rust repair  :dunno:

When do you want me to start your AAR resto-mod ? :smile: