Main Menu

70 v code cuda - not mine

Started by EBODYBEAR, May 26, 2022, 02:21:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I agree with you alan.  Still a good car to do something with.  Price is probably a little high but going and looking at the car might prove that it is in decent shape and ready for the build. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda_mark

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 27, 2022, 06:37:09 AM
I agree with you alan.  Still a good car to do something with.  Price is probably a little high but going and looking at the car might prove that it is in decent shape and ready for the build.

But, in the end, you end up with a car that's a fake and difficult to sell when you want to move on from it. I think it would be best to just stay away.

YYZ

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on May 26, 2022, 11:10:17 PM
Let's not help the scumbags out there get any better at making fakes  :slapme5:

There are many, many more tells which have not been discussed here.

It is a duty to the hobby to help enthusiasts spot obvious fakes or at least areas of question.

The Fed prints guides on how to identify counterfeit bills, and I'm sure that the number of people saved from fraudulent money far outweighs the number of competent counterfeiters. 

cuda hunter

It has taken me years to spot a fake.  No one wants to point out the wrongs on the forums.  I've argued that is wrong for a long time and asked for folks to say what's wrong. Otherwise,I'm sure I would have been taken already. 

Information is best to be understood rather than to be hidden. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda_mark on May 27, 2022, 06:52:50 AM
Quote from: cuda hunter on May 27, 2022, 06:37:09 AM

But, in the end, you end up with a car that's a fake and difficult to sell when you want to move on from it. I think it would be best to just stay away.

There's an ass for every seat...You could get a State issued VIN if you were worried about it I'm sure :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

autoxcuda

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on May 26, 2022, 08:08:57 PM
Before we knew this car to be a fraud, we reached out to the seller to learn more. He said the cowl and the radiator support had rust and have already been replaced. Now I see the real reason why those body numbers are gone.

That's outright deceit. Unless they claim they received the car that way from some undisclosed person.

This is why fake cars get sold through auctions and dealers... it's a way to wash their nefarious histories clean.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: autoxcuda on May 27, 2022, 04:37:39 PM
Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on May 26, 2022, 08:08:57 PM
Before we knew this car to be a fraud, we reached out to the seller to learn more. He said the cowl and the radiator support had rust and have already been replaced. Now I see the real reason why those body numbers are gone.

That's outright deceit. Unless they claim they received the car that way from some undisclosed person.

This is why fake cars get sold through auctions and dealers... it's a way to wash their nefarious histories clean.

I am sure he is trying to defraud rather than some victim innocently selling off a project he bought not knowing the history. According to my buddy who actually spoke with the seller, the car once belonged to his dad and he's decided to sell it to raise money for a home purchase.

Had the seller said he bought the project tag and all in this condition with the body panel work already done, then maybe he bought it not knowing but to say the car was his dads and he personally paid a shop to replace these panels is BS since we know the VIN plate was on eBay.

Supposedly the car comes with a shaker set up, a rebuilt 440, six pack carb set up, four speed, Dana rear end, etc. I agree with Alan that what he has there has significant value. Maybe not 38k but a lot nonetheless.