Main Menu

Hagerty article on colors effect on value

Started by JH27N0B, April 25, 2022, 09:13:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

Some surprises here, others I agree.
I couldn't give my GK6 V code Challenger away when I was trying to sell it.
I have only heard a couple "wanna sell its" at shows in 25 years owning my FK5 convertible.  Which is fine by me as that is the last of my cars I'd sell! Just as well no one asks.  :P
https://www.hagerty.com/media/market-trends/hagerty-insider/do-mopars-famously-wild-colors-bring-more-money-at-auction/?utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_content=MED_UN_NA_EML_UN_DailyDriver_Monday&hashed_email=5c11e5c4768bbf3d02b76f7395a3430a41942f5217c5373bfb484a87dad36c25
I'm surprised F4 green is rated a premium, I like it but thought the F4 and F8s were scorned.
B7 is a favorite of mine, so I'm also surprised they rate it a negative.

HP_Cuda

Here is the problem with this article.

Price isn't just comprised of color but the overall package. So you may have the best color in the world and have a crappy build and that will lead you to erroneous conclusions.

This is subjective at best but we all know the colors that don't do as well no matter what.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

RzeroB

Quote from: JH27N0B on April 25, 2022, 09:13:53 PM
Some surprises here, others I agree.
I'm surprised F4 green is rated a premium, I like it but thought the F4 and F8s were scorned.
B7 is a favorite of mine, so I'm also surprised they rate it a negative.

Interesting article ... thanks for posting Brad.

F4 surprised me too. I had a F4 Challenger and thought it looked like pea-soup or baby-food. I wound up having it painted B5 blue.
Speaking of blues, B7 is a favorite of mine too. I love the depth and richness of that color. However, it must not have been popular with the new car buying crowd back in the day as it got dropped part-way through the '71 model year. Guess buyers thought that if you were going to get something that dark, you might as well spring for the wildly popular C7??
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

70 Challenger Lover

That is interesting. I was surprised by the hit Go Mango took. I always thought that shade of orange was highly desirable. I was not surprised by burnt orange. I know everyone says they love it but it looks terrible to me. Like rust that shines and glitters.

I wonder what they would find on values for cars that were painted different from the fender tag. We always say that not sticking to the fender tag hurts the value in a big way. I wonder if that's still true. For a hemi car, probably but what about the average 383 cars? I'm thinking the market isn't so touchy on that like they used to be.