Main Menu

71 Cuda 340 4 speed

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, January 16, 2019, 09:31:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Yup, couldn't agree more ! 
However, 50 years later if it's a fully restored car, it's easier to restore it to how it should have been, then to try and explain a hundred times over why it's wrong. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

Could be a preference thing I suppose. My 70 Bee had the fresh air hood with the big distinctive scoops. I knew they were supposed to be body color but I chose to go black instead to make them stand out. The car was mostly correct other than that obvious change. It didn't hurt the sale one penny. Of course we're talking about a very different buyer market but I guess the grille of that car wouldn't kill the deal for me if I really liked it otherwise (which I do).

76orangewagon

That car might be one my buddy here in Akron use to own several years ago, I believe he sold it for mid to high 30k.

Drive In Cars

It was for sale for the longest time about 2 years ago , I believe in Maine. Last price I saw was 50k. I think it sold for a lot less though. The guy had a tough time selling her!!
Movies & Cars......So Movie Cars it is !

Schwartz67

In my humble opinion, the car is a nice driver and they are asking too much for an undesirable color with a small block. There is a lot of attention to detail that is missing with the underside, and it's just me, but I would really prefer a disc brake car. It is a 71' CUDA and I do love them.....but this one should be priced closer to the $60k range. But, that's just my opinion😉.

70 Challenger Lover

And it might be had somewhere in the low 60s. Since it's a dealership, they have a lot more room to work with. Even if it's consignment, they would call the owner and tell him they have a strong buyer ready to do a deal closer to the actual value of the car. Whoever set that price is dreaming and I'd bet money they know they are dreaming. The longer a car sits there, the more motivated everyone becomes and they probably don't have a line of people asking about that particular car at that unattractive price.

I'm looking forward to hunting down one of these beauties once I retire, move and settle in. I'm gonna go to places like this cash in hand ready to deal having already done my homework on the cars I'm visiting. I don't become attached to the cars I see and I have no qualms about walking off to the next advertised car. There are far more of these cars restored now than unrestored and restored is actually a better value on these.