Main Menu

71 Cuda 340 4 speed

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, January 16, 2019, 09:31:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

Found this beauty but not sure if it's been featured here yet or not. If so, it still deserves another look. It's just what I want someday though a couple years early for me.

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1180003/1971-plymouth-cuda-for-sale-in-homer-city-pennsylvania-15748

The seller is at Hanksters.com

70 Challenger Lover

Couple pics to lure you in...

Cuda Cody

It's hard not to love a 71 Cuda!   :inlove:

TelisSE440

Very nice car, that bronze color though... Classy look.

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: TelisSE440 on January 17, 2019, 02:07:30 AM
Very nice car, that bronze color though... Classy look.

I like that color a lot. High impact colors are always fantastic of course and black is one of my favorites but that bronze is pretty classy. I know everyone loves blue but to me it's just boring.

anlauto

Grill should be body colour  :alan2cents:  That beautiful colour might be the only thing holding it back from selling for $75K :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: anlauto on January 17, 2019, 03:56:27 AM
Grill should be body colour  :alan2cents:  That beautiful colour might be the only thing holding it back from selling for $75K :dunno:

Interesting...this car set up like this is super close to the one I want to get in a few years. Good to know about this color. Since I like it, it might give me a little bit of negotiating room that I normally couldn't have on these desirable cars. I'd be okay with a price around there. Just not ready to get one yet since I'm gonna have to move it across country a couple years from now. Hopefully these prices don't continue to climb.

anlauto

I don't think the prices are going down anytime soon :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

The colours look good on that car.
Sheldon

MONC

Quote from: anlauto on January 17, 2019, 03:56:27 AM

Alan you saying it is your preference to have the grill body color?
I thought argent grill with chrome bumper is correct.

I prefer it the way it is , never a fan on color keyed grill on 71s.

anlauto

Grill colour had nothing to do with bumper colour. Coloured-keyed grills were standard part of the Cuda package with certain colours, GK6 being one of them
HOWEVER...there's the whole story of a grill shortage and cars got whatever was available, so who knows how this one started life.

ragtopdodge

Beautiful car, but for that price, it needs to be really close to #1.

Painted underneath, trunk really nice, etc.

Will be $90 in a few years.  '71 four-speed 'Cudas is the cream of the crop right now.  Ditto '68 Charger R/Ts.

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: ragtopdodge on January 17, 2019, 02:37:41 PM
Beautiful car, but for that price, it needs to be really close to #1.

Painted underneath, trunk really nice, etc.

Will be $90 in a few years.  '71 four-speed 'Cudas is the cream of the crop right now.  Ditto '68 Charger R/Ts.

Considering it's in a showroom, I bet the place would take less.

realn96

Quote from: anlauto on January 17, 2019, 09:54:22 AM
Grill colour had nothing to do with bumper colour. Coloured-keyed grills were standard part of the Cuda package with certain colours, GK6 being one of them
HOWEVER...there's the whole story of a grill shortage and cars got whatever was available, so who knows how this one started life.

Yes Allen The story goes that , the truck carrying the painted grilles wrecked sometime in January I believe. My cuda built 2/2/71 came with the body colored grille . This car built 20 days after my car. Who knows for  sure if they had any left by that time. If it where mine I would paint it body color. :alan2cents:

BS27R1B

Quote from: realn96 on January 20, 2019, 08:11:09 AM
Quote from: anlauto on January 17, 2019, 09:54:22 AM

Yes Allen The story goes that , the truck carrying the painted grilles wrecked sometime in January I believe. My cuda built 2/2/71 came with the body colored grille . This car built 20 days after my car. Who knows for  sure if they had any left by that time. If it where mine I would paint it body color. :alan2cents:

The transport crash in western Ontario in December 1970. It is possible that certain colours of grilles remained out of supply longer as they were less popular. Since there is no indication on a broadcast sheet as to what grille a car received all we can do almost 50 years later is speculate. Best to keep in mind there was no hard and fast rule on this grille issue.
"  objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are "