Main Menu

71 Cuda on eBay

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, March 08, 2020, 04:36:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

EV2RTSE

I'm kind of thinking someone once owned a 71 Hemicuda, junked it, it got crushed but some paperwork survived and they got a duplicate title. Bought a replacement body to resurrect the car based on a VIN #. Kind of like one of the 71 Hemicuda convertibles.

dmastr3665

JS29

Where there is a scam, there is a way   ::)   :barf:

whitsend

I know I always store my 71 HEMI CUDA' in a piece of Shite lean two with a blue tarp keeping it safe and weather proof.  :yes: ::)  :takemymoney:

Matt13

cuda hunter

Someone have a link?   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Finally a link, I couldn't find it before.....everything looks good to me ;)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

BFM_Cuda

Quote from: anlauto on March 13, 2020, 08:19:05 PM
Finally a link, I couldn't find it before.....everything looks good to me ;)

yep...   :lurking:

6bblgt

as far as I know: when Chrysler originally produced 1B296385 it was a Dodge A-body (Dart/Demon) = L?2??1B296385

xx88man

Quote from: EV2RTSE on March 10, 2020, 06:18:51 AM
I'm kind of thinking someone once owned a 71 Hemicuda, junked it, it got crushed but some paperwork survived and they got a duplicate title. Bought a replacement body to resurrect the car based on a VIN #. Kind of like one of the 71 Hemicuda convertibles.

Is this actually the story with one of the 71 Hemicuda convertibles?
Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

Quote from: xx88man on March 14, 2020, 12:52:21 PM
Quote from: EV2RTSE on March 10, 2020, 06:18:51 AM

Is this actually the story with one of the 71 Hemicuda convertibles?

Yup...I believe it was one of the export ones originally, France maybe :thinking: . It was "restored" actually recreated by a restoration company in Quebec :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Matt13

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 14, 2020, 10:53:17 AM
as far as I know: when Chrysler originally produced 1B296385 it was a Dodge A-body (Dart/Demon) = L?2??1B296385
How are they getting away with this? Did they have that fake looking vin tag made and got a title from it?

Katfish

The body stampings are even double stamped?

JS29

The VIN# are not stamped or raised, looks like there were printed on a flat piece of metal.   :foul: