Main Menu

AAR Cuda Survivor On Ebay - B5 With Bench Automatic $89,997

Started by Jim AAR, February 22, 2018, 02:19:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Optimist....   
"some rare options which include:  top painted to match (1 of only 74 having this option) Really? only 74 AAR's with the roof painted the same color as the main body?  Doubt it...., column shift (1 of only 7 having this option) I've never seen anyone swap in a column shift yet I've personally seen more than seven column shifted AAR's, H4B5 bench seat (1 of only 9 having this option)OK.... Getting allot of mileage out of some not to desirable options..., J36 dual racing mirror option and the A62 rally dash option!"

Funny, it's semi local to me & I've never seen it...

anlauto

I'm not a fan of "survivor" cars, never have been, so I was going to say the price is very optimistic being a column auto....however I guess the survivor status might drive the price up for some...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71GranCoupe

For me, I would take a real nice original survivor any day of the week over a restoration car. Anyone can have one that has been redone, very few nice originals are left. He sure needs to do some more research on his stats on his rare options. But it is still a nice looking car. One thing I noticed is, it appears that it has a dash cap on it. Very noticeable around the dash vin tag.

If I was in the market, I would have to make a road trio and look at it, It will be interesting to see if it sells.

Wild R/T, with the Montana plates, bet it has not changed title to save the sales tax---------

anlauto

Looks like the stripe was masked off when the lower rear quarter was painted, too bad they didn't mask the door striker when it was painted...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Yes: Dashcap, painted door latch posts. I guess that's why the asking is only $90k. I like the car overall but the column automatic isn't adding any value to it.
Sheldon

71GranCoupe

Quote from: anlauto on February 22, 2018, 03:38:32 PM
Looks like the stripe was masked off when the lower rear quarter was painted, too bad they didn't mask the door striker when it was painted...

After reading your comment I had to go and take a closer look. Yup, been some painting going on and if you look at the cowl and firewall it  has the hard tape line from the blackout to body paint. You see this so much, and I have yet to see one that came from the factory that way.

Jim AAR

I would say the whole car has been repainted at some time. They removed the Pentastar from the Passenger fender and filled in the holes.

IRON MAN

This AAR Cuda was on eBay last month. High bid ended at $58,200. Location changed from Burlingame, Ca to Sonora, Ca. Still has the same dents in the exhaust pipes.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

6bblgt

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on February 22, 2018, 03:25:03 PM
with the Montana plates, bet it has not changed title to save the sales tax---------

saving  :bigmoney: you can register/title a car in MT from out of state to a PO Box with NO sales tax

kathyscuda

LIPSTICK, PIG.
DO AND SAY WHATEVER IT TAKES TO SELL IT.
SAD

72 Challenger

So in my mind what makes a car a survivor is original paint, interior, drivetrain.

It needs all three, having been repainted - it's not longer a survivor.

I do love oddball options for the bench seat is awesome.
Someday I will have a J0b.