Main Menu

'72 340 'CUDA FOR SALE

Started by mopardug, October 14, 2020, 05:31:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

mopardug

Hi, I'm new to this site.  I've been on both FABO and FEBO for a number of years.  I've got a VERY RUSTY AND CRUSTY 'CUDA for sale.
BS23H2 car, Pistol Grip 4-speed car.
Originally Lemon Twist
Clean and Clear KY title.
Dash, door, title, cowl, and Build Sheet match.
She's been sitting outside since around '85, and the last tags are from '89.
The engine isn't locked up.  And the 489 is a Sure Grip unit.  Build Sheet is in really nice condition.  There's NO fender tag.  I haven't been able to get under her to verify the #'s on the engine or transmission.  I believe that I'm the 3rd owner.  And was told that she's originally from Frankfort, which is where she's located now.  I'm not sure if it's a crack whores dream, but I'm asking $8K OBO  I'd also be open to a possible trade.
I have more pics, but it says that I can only do 10.
Thanks for looking

cuda hunter

Glad you made it over here.  You never know where your going to get a buyer or trader from.
You can post 10 pictures per post.  So you can just make another post and add the pictures then.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

In my opinion you're not that far out of line with asking price, but obviously there's not a large market for 72's, but you never know...

Good luck with your sale... :fingerscrossed:

...and it goes without saying....welcome to the best E Body website in the WORLD  :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

Welcome to the site, but I've got to say that that thing needs virtually every panel replaced that show in the photos and you can bet the bottom is the same, as you say "rusty and crusty". Chances are you can buy a 72 340/4spd/SG for less than $8k. Nonetheless, GLWS.  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

mopardug

More pics:

mopardug

I'm sorry for any duplicate pics.  They're in three different places in my phone, and my memory just isn't the best these days.

mopardug

A couple more pics.  One of the r/ side inner fender hood hinge bolts is broken off.  Both of the halves of the back seat are in good shape.  There's a lot of good parts on her, and she's pretty original.  I haven't been able to find the radiator support #'s.  When I hooked a battery up last night, the fusable link started smoking and got hot.  Please ask if there's any Q's.  I was told by the PO that I'm her 3rd owner.  The windshield is broken, if you can't see it.  I think that the rest of the glass is in pretty good shape.  She's got 14" wheels, but all four tires are trash.  They go flat in about a day.  The battery tray is missing, and there's a lot of amateur electrical work under the hood :(

mopartaz

Smallblock340

@mopardug Could you post a full size picture of the broadcast sheet?  :takepicture:
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

formula_s

Its a parts car and not for any body parts.

Crocha617

Quote from: formula_s on October 16, 2020, 10:07:20 AM
Its a parts car and not for any body parts.
I sort of agree. It's hard to cut up a 340 4 speed Cuda but that thing looks pretty bad. Luckily the drive train with all the 4 speed parts is worth some $. Gauges , Rear end, there's a lot of good stuff there.

anlauto

Just find a better body to put all the parts on to.. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

I'd buy this if it was cheaper and closer so I could look at it in person to see how bad it really is. Hate to pay shipping on top of this.

mopardug

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm @ the Mopar show in London this weekend.  I'll try and:
A) get a pic of the entire Build Sheet.
B) get her up on jack stands to get better pics.
C) check the gear.

While I'd like to see her restored, but right now I will probably never have the expertise or the rectangular $$ to see that through.
I've got a good dually, and wouldn't mind delivering her if it was worked out ahead of time.  But, obviously, I can't pop on over with her just so you can take a good look.

whitsend

I think you were absolutely correct when you mentioned something about a "Crack Whores Dream".

:pokeeye: