Main Menu

'74 Cuda 360 727 on BAT

Started by 303 Mopar, May 01, 2019, 05:39:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Good looking '74 Cuda up for auction on Bring a Trailer - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-plymouth-barracuda-cuda/

This 1974 Plymouth 'Cuda is powered by a 360ci V8 with a four-barrel carburetor paired with an automatic transmission and dual exhaust. Finished in gray over a black interior, this car was acquired by the seller two years ago from the previous owner, who reportedly had owned it for more than 12 years. The electrical system has been overhauled, and the power steering box was replaced. This third-generation Barracuda is now offered with a clean Washington title in the seller's name.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

gzig5

Nice car but price on CL may be ambitious.  Can anyone say if that is the original "Silver Frost Metalic" color?  Looks like it may be a little dark?

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 01, 2019, 08:53:11 AM
Not feeling that one.

Surely not for 48K... Needs a lot of details fixed....Not a fan of the black hood, black mirrors or black engine compartment... 

Chryco Psycho

crossflow rad , no shroud , no wiper motor at all , tilt column

anlauto

Okay car, but I think it's more in the $30K range  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mopar thunder

I like that color but not feeling that price. My wife's 74' was originally (I believe) Sherwood Green Metallic with a white vinyl roof. It was repainted PCP before she bought it. Yeah not a full year production in 74' so the price may eventually rise as we hope it does. For her it doesn't matter this is what she could afford and she loves it.

ledphoot

Quote from: gzig5 on May 01, 2019, 09:27:29 AM
Nice car but price on CL may be ambitious.  Can anyone say if that is the original "Silver Frost Metalic" color?  Looks like it may be a little dark?

IIRC that color is correct, my '73 looked about like that.

gzig5

Quote from: ledphoot on May 02, 2019, 05:47:57 AM
Quote from: gzig5 on May 01, 2019, 09:27:29 AM

IIRC that color is correct, my '73 looked about like that.

Thanks.  My '73 was born that color and though it's now black and brown (rust), the JA5 left in the engine bay is growing on me.  Maybe a touch lighter, but that decision is a long way down the road.

cashmoneyerick

This same car is being sold on ebay now as well:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192992773927

But it says it's in Miami now.

RUNCHARGER

Man whata hunka. If you're thinking about buying that one take $20k max and a magnet with you to go check it out in person.
Sheldon

cashmoneyerick

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 18, 2019, 06:57:16 PM
Man whata hunka. If you're thinking about buying that one take $20k max and a magnet with you to go check it out in person.

I'm gone sound a little clueless here, but the magnet for? Sorry for the newbie question in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cashmoneyerick on July 18, 2019, 08:44:11 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 18, 2019, 06:57:16 PM

I'm gone sound a little clueless here, but the magnet for? Sorry for the newbie question in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because a magnet doesn't stick to body filler... FWIW those Rock Auto magnetic car photos work well... If the bondo is less than 1/8" the card will stick, 3/16 & it slides off, 1/4" it doesn't stick at all...

6bblgt

Quote from: cashmoneyerick on July 18, 2019, 06:31:14 PM
This same car is being sold on ebay now as well:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192992773927

But it says it's in Miami now.

:stop: not the same car - '73 on eBay & '74 on BAT  :takealook: