Main Menu

Another U code RT on eBay

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, February 09, 2019, 08:57:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

His ad clearly states ( has flaws, chips, a few thin spot, and a large dent in the passenger side door).  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

A large dent in the door yet he chose not to photo it for some reason. When we see the photo from another source we find that it's much more than a large dent. It's completely creased in at the rear jamb and there is just as much damage to the quarter. A large dent makes most people think you could get to the back side and massage most of it out. That thing is badly creased. It can be fixed sure but "large dent in the door" is a gross understatement. I'd be pissed if that was hidden from me. If that is how he defines the word dent, then it makes me wonder how he defines "flaws," "chips," and a "few thin spots."

I'm not saying he's a bad person or anything, I'm just saying that he is being a bit manipulative and vague in his ad and any buyer who doesn't come out to see the car first (as they should), is going to be really disappointed. This kind of thing goes back to my honesty soap box speeches. When people do stuff like that, how can I take him seriously when he says the motor was rebuilt? What I'd likely find is that he put mystery oil in a worn out motor to hide the smoke long enough to complete a sale. I can assume the car needs everything but I'd much rather spend more money buying from a guy I believe to be honest than to get a deal from a guy I know to be dishonest. You come out far better in the long long with honest people.

crackedback

Must be from a right hand drive country, the pass door looks pretty nice.

The other side looks horrible and the 1/4 is killed looking at crease near the top body line.

PlumCrazyRTSE

70 Challenger Lover

Some rust damage to the floors and the trunk is wasted. Hopefully the new seller did some decent work to fix it right.

RUNCHARGER

Ad is gone now but it will be back. The ad was clearly deceptive, it clearly said there was a dent in the psgr door and it showed the psgr side which is not dented. The seller is full of it and when the guy shows up to buy the car I would surprised if the seller doesn't receive a "tune up".
Sheldon

scf100

Seller states have not seen one like it since the 90's

What a BS artist

Fender tag shows the real condition of the car

Car came out of North Carolina according to prev eBay ad......

Stay away from this car......trying to use the ol it came from California so it must be a good car......

No offense to you Cali guys..........I own several cars from Cali so I know what to expect and I used to live in Huntington Beach where current seller is
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black